How I solved the problem of Graphic2d.dll causing crashes in cubase12

Recently I’ve been experiencing frequent crashes with cubase12, and even my computer has been blue screened several times. I have read the solutions mentioned by many people in the forum, but none of them have solved it.
These include but are not limited to.
-Returning the driver to a past version.
-Uninstalling the graphics card driver completely and reinstalling a clean version of the driver
-scanning for viruses with anti-virus software
-Disabling Hidpi in Cubase 12 pro
And so on…

But unfortunately, none of these measures worked.

How did I finally solve it? I would like to share with you what I did.

1. Since I had been using a discrete graphics card (Nvidia GT1660 super), I found that my CPU’s core graphics card could not be found in the device manager. So I went to the motherboard bios to re-enable the core graphics card, and went to the intel website to download its latest drivers.
    2, I found that my third-party antivirus software blocked some system processes, the number is very large, I did not look closely, I simply opened all the disabled processes.
    3, Uninstalled cubase 12 and reinstalled it.

Then, I solved the problem. And there was no crash after that.
I’m not sure which step above is the key to solve the problem, I don’t know much about computer technology, but magically, I solved it.

Feel free to discuss.

By the way, my computer configuration is attached.

Intel 9700K + Nvidia GT1660S

1 Like

Hi and welcome to the forum,

Please try this:

• Download the latest Studio driver version from here. If there is no Studio driver for your graphic card, use the one, which is available and continue with the same steps bellow.
  • Disconnect the computer from Internet to make sure Windows will not download and install own graphic driver.
  • Uninstall the NVIDIA driver.
  • Restart computer.
  • Start the NVIDIA driver installation (as administrator).
  • Don’t install the whole package, use the Custom (Advanced) settings.
  • Disable everything (don’t install NVIDIA Experience, PhysX, etc.), keep just the video driver enabled.
  • Connect your computer to the internet.
2 Likes

Thank you
Your directions successfully cleared a persistent crash in Nuendo 12 running on a Windows 11 64 Bit platform. Grateful for clear and easy to follow cure😄