How long for Cubase to close for you? 9 min, 18 sec for me.

Correction Komplete 6 not 4.

me too… Kom 5 & Kom 6 …My gut instinct tells me that this could be a NI issue,as whenever I do not use any NI stuff, Cubase closes quite quickly…but when Ive got Kontakt rafted up to the gills in a project…I have the same issue as you…could you work on a project without any instance of an NI product open, and work for an hour & then try & close…ss what happens then timewise.

As mentioned in heart I feel its something to do with the dlls being released by Cubase before closing…when I dont use any NI stuff whatsoever…Ususally Cubase closes relatively quickly. (20 - 40 secs).

2 other points , do you have Cubase set to scan the mediabay only when open?..

& finally try using the menu when closing a project, file/close …I notice Cubase closes a bit quicker than when I just click the X at the top right hand corner of the page. ( was hard to adapt to using the menu after almost 20 yrs of XXX :laughing:

Tanx for the tip. I’ll give it a try this
weekend and post back results next week.

{‘-’}

After installing the beta update (going against everything I have learned over the past 28 years of working with software) I opened an empty project last night then almost immediately closed it and it hung. I checked the video engine and VSTbridge and discovered that the update had reinstalled them so I disabled them once again. Still no relief. Its hanging as I right this.

After it finally shuts down I’ll double check using an empty project again and see what happens. Doing the math, if there there is a 10 minute wait, not including launch time, between every troubleshooting cycle…

Removed all x86 plugins including jBridged ones and their references to no avail.

Aloha T, and major Mahalo to you.
Tried it and it works fine.
After all these years of doing it one way, this is a
true paradigm shift for me.
Can’t wait to try it out on stage.

Sending much Aloha!
—curteye

well m8, I would have no reservations in recommending a compete reformat, as there is defo something not quite right here, either with an update overwriting, a reg entry not playing ball, or a dll conflict that cubase finds hard to avoid…as I have pointed out in many other posts, a reformat for a current version of cubase normally cures all ills, and in doing so you are giving yourself & your Pc the best chance possible of Cubase working fluidly.

Im sure you know that over the years many badly written dlls (vsts) would normally bring cubase to its knees, but Version 5-6 is definatley better at handling errors, but (Im being presumtious here btw i know) omething is simply not right with your install…and hearing that a reformat is the bset route may not be music to your ears, but It sure will give you a more stable & fuid system, C6 is working for many (inc myself) extremely well, I get maybe a crash a week, but I do agree that there are some problems in the way that cubase closes projects. (its been spoke about here many many times)…Reformat…then at least youve gave your system its best chance in preforming to its best. :smiley:

Really guys? How hard is it to start a new thread?

Hello,

Cubase shouldn’t take 9 minutes to shut down. Cubase needs a little bit longer (not 9 minutes) when:

1. A plugin is slow in response (shutting down command)
  2. The project is very big and allot of content is loaded
  3. A very big project with allot of edits
  4. Cubase is updating the Mediabay during close down (you will get a warning message)

What I read here, Nr 1 is the case I thing. What happens when you start Cubase → creats a new empty project → End Cubase ? Does it also take that long ? When not, then please have a look at your project and check with a new empty project your plugins (load only one of them in the project and close Cubase)

No other reports from customers worldwide we have recieved.

Cheers,

Chris

5 sec here on mpb, never had any troubles
edit:I also have loads of stuff, east west huge samplers, kontakt,halion, plenty of plugs to choke my self, no probelmos aftter turning to mac after 11 year of mindfook on pc :slight_smile:

CLosing down in 2 seconds here ion 64 bit PC :wink:

I did not read this whole post but this happens to me sometimes. For me it has to do with the audio device you are using. I have a firewire device - Focusrite saffire. I have to reset the device. So there is a problem closing the audio driver and I’m not sure it is a Cubase issue. Try a different ASIO device and see if it still happens.

Hansen I also have a saffire driver. There is a new update - it fixes a few issues

Close the project first, wait a sec. Now quit Cubase. Should work.

Al

Still working with tech support over email. Cleared out all the app data as suggested by them but getting inconsistent results. Audio interface is PCI with current drivers.

Working on a show this week so all this is on hold till after we wrap Friday night and 4th quarter union meeting Saturday morning. Hopefully I’ll discover I’m getting close to a solution when I get back to it.

How difficult would it be for steinberg to add a closing down window showing activity, much like the start up splash screen… at least users can see what cubase is waiting for a responce from? it could save a lot of heartache and frustration. there is nothing worse than wondering what a program is doing… has it locked? is it sutting down the midi ports? it it sutting down the asio driver? etc etc!!!

at least it would give some pointers where to look if a user is having problems!

+1 for a closing splash window - a hsalps window perhaps :slight_smile:

Mike.