How this kind writing is possible in Dorico (i want know for even for Pro) i mean how is done etc

It’s true that the translation given by Google is quite good here! Well, I can understand your problem. On the other hand, it’s sometimes painful to understand all that is around the concepts. Maybe try that Google translate yourself before posting? So that both the concepts and the surroundings are clear? (French guy writing, so take it with a grain of salt)

On hyvä sisällyttää englanninkielisiä sanoja. Käännösohjelmisto välittää ne sellaisenaan.

It is okay to include English words. The translation software will pass them through as they are.

1 Like

Conversely, I’ve been frustrated by the number of people making no attempt whatsoever to post in the langauge of the forum… So, perhaps, do both? Original with google translate underneath?

1 Like

While I agree that it’s very useful when people include translated posts, I think this forum should be as inclusive as possible, and not limited itself to be an English-only forum. Language is already a severe barrier for Dorico users who struggles with English due to the lack of videos and manuals. Speaking for myself - even though I can read and understand English very well, the barrier for me to write anything is so high that every single post demands high concentration and a little courage.

Luckliy, there seems to be expert Dorico users in a wide variety of languages in this forum, so I think a lot of people will find help even when the translation fails. So of course, including translated versions is preferable, but I think we should warmly welcome anyone who comes here to seek help, no matter how big the language barrier (or general computer/using google translate barrier) is!

2 Likes

I’m sorry, but I really fail to understand why someone coming here to post can’t at least use google translate to accommodate the main language of the forum. It takes so little effort. I totally support the forum being inclusive, and I have no problem with other languages being present alongside english on the forum. I am bilingual (2.5 lingual, really) and I am definitely sympathetic to the struggles involved in trying to communicate in another language.

Perhaps it is precicely because I have lived in another country and adapted to their culture that I’ve come away with a certain perspective. I wouldn’t visit the german dorico forum, for example, and post everything in english and just expect a response, nor would I dare expect non-english speakers to have to be the ones to go looking for a translation when I’m the one asking for help. Now, I’m not a moderator on this forum, so I don’t call the shots. But I don’t think that it is at all unreasonable to ask people to include a basic google translation of their question/comment when it is not in the language of the forum. Google translate is free and available to everyone.

Again, include the native language—by all means! But also make some tiny nod toward the forum itself too.

1 Like

Going back to Janus’s request in #19, the particular issue in this thread was that MXHeppa’s English was broken enough that he would be more understandable via machine translation. (Again, no offense intended! I am monolingual myself, if that!)

We would all like to understand each other better, and in some cases one’s native language works better. Machine translation can be even better still.

If Dorico only [solely] had a German forum, I think you’d see this more often than not - though it’s not really comparable considering how widely english is used around the world. Nevertheless, I don’t really see the problem or annoyance for anyone other than perhaps the Dorico Team themselves (and if someone already has received help in there native language, even they should be happy). But let’s agree to disagree, keep on helping, and also kindly encourage everyone to include a machine translation along with their native language posts.

Sorry for the off-topic, hope our finnish friend gets their help. Is @vilnai still around?

Whoops. Must have been thinking of the Facebook page (I’m not on Facebook). Principal is the same at any rate.

But you’re right; it’s easy enough for me to leave well enough alone on non-English posts I guess, and leave them for the dev team.

Perhaps I’m particularly sensitive to it at the moment because there has been an unusual influx of these posts on the forum the last two weeks.

1 Like

Sorry for the off-topic, hope our finnish friend gets their help. Is @vilnai still around?

I am! Not as active as in the past, but still lurking, Don’t speak a lick of Finnish, though…

1 Like

Oops, sorry that was supposed to be @ViliRobert!

And local Dorico forum in Finland is so tiny and i feel very dead. and general Notation tool program group is not so nice like this and Facebooks english forum. I understand i try develop my english and use google translator.

3 Likes