How to activate, register and get Cubase LE running

When you open your eLicenser Control Center app, do you see “Full License”? If so, you should be good to go.

You won’t ever need to pay to use LE 5, you paid for it when you bought your hardware.

I got LE6 with ZOOM H4n, and installed it on my PC running Windows8. I have also downloaded eLicenser Control Center as well as eLC Installation Helper. Neither eLC will do anything except tell me that an error has occurred. Any solutions, or even what is the problem? Any help much appreciated.

Hi

I’m having trouble with cubase LE AI Elements 6. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

So, i purchased a Yamaha thr10c in January. I set up cubase at the time, had it running and played around for a bit. I’ve been desperate to play with it but never find the time, only tonight I turn it on to find that my elc is telling me that it expired 2014-02-13. I was under the impression that I was a full licence and not just a demo. I’ve looked through the box and cant find the original code that was supplied.

I was really looking forward to playing with this software. I hope someone can shed some light on this.

Thanks for reading.

Chris

Hi,
I have a similar problem. I have Cubase Le5 on my computer. My eLicenser says that I have a full license for Cubase Le5. Does it mean that I have a permanent version? However, MP3 encoder has expired and it means that I cannot export files, doesn’t it? What should I do? Do I have to buy anything to make Cubase work properly?
Could anyone help a complete beginner? :confused:

Yes.

http://www.steinberg.net/en/shop/buy_product/sku/500242444.html

I have purchased Cubase LE AI 7, however I was a little bit delayed in activating it. Now when I try to enter my activation code I get the message “The date/time settings of this computer seem to be incorrect. Please verify your computer’s date, time and zone settings and try again later, or contact your software vendor’s support department in case the problem persists.”

I am in Australia, there is nothing wrong with my computer’s date time settings and looking on the Steinberg website their is no vendor in Australia. What should I do?

Most often, this error message is caused by an incorrect time zone setting.

Please ensure, that your system’s time zone is set correctly.

Best,
Dirk

hi!
i already have my activation code with the box(cubase 7EL) whitch is 32 charachters long
but the steinberg website wants me to enter a-25 charachter code.
help?

Hi

I’m in Australia and I’ve just purchased a new Zoom H4n Handy Recorder over internet from Hong Kong and received bundled with it a coupon to install Cubase LE 7 and a Download Access Code comprising 20 alphanumeric characters in blocks of 5 chars separated by hyphens.

I went to the Steinberg web site and after entering the Access Code I downloaded the PC version and installed the Cubase LE 7 and latest version of the eLicenser Control Center software on one of my PCs, a Dell laptop. I ran the eLicenser Control Center and saw the installed Softe-Licenser with its unique ID. I entered the Download Access Code and received my Activation code comprising 32 alphanumeric characters in blocks of 4 chars separated by spaces. I was able to run Cubase LE 7 and all good so far.

A few hours later, I decided that I wanted to remove the licence from my Dell laptop and instead install Cubase LE 7 on my more powerful Asus i7. I went through the same procedure but I’ve been frustrated ever since.

After I did the Cubase LE 7 installation, in the eLicenserCC I could see the installed Softe-Licenser & new unique ID. I registered the new Licenser and received the same Activation code as above. But when I enter this into the Enter Activation Code button it tells me that this code has already been used and I need to contact my vendor (bought the Zoom over the Internet from eGlobal in HK so doubt very much that they eBay vendor is going to bother with activation codes).

I read the Forum faq and posts but some of the commands appear to be for older versions of the eLicenserCC since I couldn’t find the “Reactivate” button!!

In the eLicenserCC, in “Remove Licence” menu option remains grey when I highlighted the Cubase LE 7 licence in the Licenses list.

I went to the Steinberg MyProducts web site and deleted the licence and then tried to register the new installation licence on my Asus i7 PC using eLicenserCC but tells me that the Activation code is already allocated. I then spent hours going around and around getting nowhere trying to get a new activation code for the Asus i7 PC. :angry:

I then uninstalled my Cubase LE AI Elements 7 64bit installation from the Dell laptop but still can’t deactivate my License from the old Dell laptop. It still shows up in the eLicenserCC. What do I have to do to get rid of this License?

I logged into the user forum and it talks about having to “reactivate” or request a new activation code but can’t find any commands either on the web site or the eLicenserCC.

Help anyone? :question:

cheers Claudio

Hi,
Some months ago i purchased an UR22 bundled with Cubase AI 7. I installed and registered it and all worked fine until the pc crashed. Now i have reinstalled the sw on a new pc. (The old one is dead forever.) After downloading the sw again via MySteinberg site i installed sw on the new one. But - i am told it will expire in 29 (?) days or i could register.
Well - i have registered the sw allready. OR - the HW in fact. MySteinberg accounnt did not say anything about any sw. Just the HW (with a activation code allready sent by mail) and this eLicenser. SW - nothing.

I see some reference to reactivating the activation code but that option is found nowhere in those screens of relevance.

I can see the same thing is relevant for several others in this forum. (See Could you Steinberg guys pls clarify? My patience realy is at stake. Feel i’m having same experiences as Claudio.

Br
Torstein

Installed Cubase on new laptop. Went to reactivation, entered in the SeL from the eL control center in My Steinberg.
Tells me “This Soft-eLicenser number is not valid”

Conversely, I enter in the Activation Code, that was registered in 2013, obviously that tells me it can only be used once.

So I delete it, then add software again, entered the download access code, then soft-elicenser, then again i get

This eLicenser number has already been registered by another user

what am I missing? it’s been 2 months trying to get this to work

I’m having a similar issue. I’ve installed Cubase LE on my new laptop - but my attempt to ‘reactivate’ isn’t working. I enter the original activation code in the e-licenser Control Center (I’ve downloaded the latest version) to obtain my new elicenser number - but there is none. Instead, I am advised to ‘create a soft elicenser’ on my computer.

Can anyone help please?

I am trying to re-activate Cubase LE5 on a new PC and keep failing (for about a week now). eLicenser prints the following message after I enter my new Cubase Activation Code “license unavailable”. I have tried running the “fix” software located at )
http://support.steinberg.de/eLC/eLC_Installation_Helper.exe
and it printes error message “PC is not running Windows 7”. This is incorrect as I am running Windows 7 Enterprise SP-1 2009.

The thread requested I post the exact spot in the re-rgeistration process where I get hung - here it is:

1. Install Cubase LE xx (PASS)

2. Make sure that your computer has a working Internet connection. This connection is necessary to activate the license because the eLicenser Control Center (eLCC) needs to register with our license server. (PASS)

3. Make sure that you have the latest version of the eLCC installed. Click here to download. (PASS)

4. Open the eLicense Control Center (eLCC) software and make a note of your Soft-eLicenser number. If there is no Soft-eLicenser number please go through the second post in this thread and then continue ith the instructions.
    (PASS)

5. Create a user account in the MySteinberg area. If you already have one, please go to step 7. (PASS)

6. Check your email and activate your user account by clicking the link in the confirmation email (PASS)

7. Log in to your MySteinberg account, and click on “Activation & Reactivation”, choose “Cubase LE xx” and select “Permanent Activation”. Enter your Soft-eLicenser and choose your hardware manufacturer (PASS)

8. You will receive an email containing the activation code (PASS)

9. Launch the eLicenser Control Center software. Click the “Enter Activation Code” button to download the license for your Steinberg product to the Soft-eLicenser. To do this, enter the required activation code into the corresponding field. Follow the instructions on screen. (FAIL - eLicensor does not provide a new activation code.)

I just bought cubase 7.5 and I need help to activate it, this is all insanely confusing

First of all, in the step 7, in MySteinberg account, there is NO field named “Activation & Reactivation”

So, i clicked on “add software” and i added my eLicense code BUT, when I try to add Cubase, when I put the activation code that was e-mailed to me, it WONT WORK

What i am doing wrong??

i am about to receive cubase LE bundled with a phonic 12 firewire mixer,i am a bit confused about the above too.
I am logged in at the mo and cannot see any sign of ‘My Steinberg’.
I can see user control panel but not ‘My Steinberg’.
Can someone tell me what/if it is i am missing please?

https://www.steinberg.net/en/mysteinberg.html

many thanks for the answer,don’t know how i missed that…doh!

i uninstalled cubase LE from the windows 7-64bit pc,managed to buy a secondhand copy of cubase 5 for a good price.
installed ok on the 64 bit pc,took a while though having to install that ,the updates for win 7 64bit and then the usb activation went reasonably smoothly,thanks for the advice it helped and now i have a version of cubase that is still supported by Steinberg.

Hi
i have Cubase lE7 and a focusrite studio, win 7 64bit monster pc for the whole opperation. i downloaded SeL about 8 times now, so im sure its the latest one. reinstalled everything now about 3 times. switched off anti virus, made sure my 15meg fiber optic internet connection was up and stable. went thru every forum there is about this, followed every bit5 of guideline to the letter. But still, i cant get my Cubase to regester. on the web it says that no serial number exist for the SeL. thats the number the SeL gave me, like n the description on the web site. i have an account and it shows that my lisence number is there, but not regestred. im now at a loss. the SeL keeps saying the connection to the server could not be established. its being said for 2 wees now.

Can someone please help me regester cubase le 7 so i can start working with it? especialy before trail ends.

Kind regards :smiley:

It’s asking for an activation code But I don’t have one. I need help badly.