How to activate, register and get Cubase LE running

Hi, :slight_smile:
This will explain how to get your Cubase LE running!

Quick Guide to activating Cubase LE xx

1. Install Cubase LE xx

2. Make sure that your computer has a working Internet connection. This connection is necessary to activate the license because the eLicenser Control Center (eLCC) needs to register with our license server.

3. Make sure that you have the latest version of the eLCC installed. Click here to download.

4. Open the eLicense Control Center (eLCC) software and make a note of your Soft-eLicenser number. If there is no Soft-eLicenser number please go through the second post in this thread and then continue ith the instructions.

5. Create a user account in the MySteinberg area. If you already have one, please go to step 7.

6. Check your email and activate your user account by clicking the link in the confirmation email

7. Log in to your MySteinberg account, and click on “Activation & Reactivation”, choose “Cubase LE xx” and select “Permanent Activation”. Enter your Soft-eLicenser and choose your hardware manufacturer

8. You will receive an email containing the activation code

9. Launch the eLicenser Control Center software. Click the “Enter Activation Code” button to download the license for your Steinberg product to the Soft-eLicenser. To do this, enter the required activation code into the corresponding field. Follow the instructions on screen.

Now you can start Cubase LE. :slight_smile:

If you have any problems with the instructions feel free to state the exact step that is causing you difficulties here and we will help you. :slight_smile:

Requesting a new activation code for a new or renewed system
If you change your system or renew it you of course need a new activation code. In this case you have to go through the reactivation procedure.

This is a general step-by-step guide:
• You need a user account at the MySteinberg website, please log in with your account data

• On the left side click at “Activation & Reactivation”

• Click on the name of the product which you want to reactivate.

• Click on “Reactivation”

• Follow the instructions there, enter you new SeL number.

• For Sequel also enter the activation code from the card “Essential Product License Information” or the last used activation code you can find in MySteinberg.

• Now click on “Request new Activation Code”

• Repeat the procedure for each additional product

In “Show registered products” → “Activation codes received online” those requested activation codes are listed. You will also receive an email with an activation code for each reactivation you have started. Use the eLicenser Control Center and use the “Enter Activation Code” button to download the product license onto your SeL.

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
Store your license on an USB-eLicenser

You can transfer your license on to the USB- eLicenser or download it directly to this USB device.
The USB -eLicenser makes your product license portable so you can install the product anywhere you like. Once you connect the USB- eLicenser the license will be detected and the product will run.

Also if you change your harddisc and the hardware configuration changes your license will remain untouched and stable on the USB- eLicenser. The USB- eLicenser can be purchased here:
USB- eLicenser
:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Greetings,
JHP

OK, so I bought a new laptop.

I installed CuBase LE5 that was activated on my old laptop.

I installed the very latest LCC (6.4.2.2103)

I logged into MySteinberg account.

I got a new activation code for my CuBase LE5 by entering the new eLicenser number and requesting reactivation code.

I entered the new activation code in eLicenser and downloaded the license.

All very good so far.

But then I tried to start CuBase and I got the following error.

Soft-elicenser doesn’t have enought permissions to run properly. Please run LCC to fix this problem.

Please advise.

Thanks.

(Just a suggestion) I got it to install activate 4 LE. The video is nice, but at some point I blocked when It asked for the Activation code. I would be so much easier to make a picture of the e-licenser wish one it is.

Hi,

I can’t download an e-licenser with my macbook pro, as the e-licenser control center tells me I got no internet connexion… That’s absurd, as I am posting this topic right now. It’s the same with ethernet or wifi.

Do you know how to fix this ?

Thanks in advance…

I had the same issue … and solved it by downloading and installing the latest version of eLicencer Control Center (http://www.elicenser.net/en/).

F.

Hi,

Would value your help. I’ve just registered my copy of Cubase LE4 (properly this time - I thought I already had) and have followed the steps to activate. However, on trying to fire up the programme I’m being told “Soft-eLicenser doesn’t have enough permissions to run properly. Please run LCC to fix the problem”. I’ve reinstalled LCC, but with no joy. What should I do? I’m running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, if that helps.

Thanks in advance…

"Soft-eLicenser doesn’t have enough permissions to run properly.

quite sure you have the admin rights required? If I remember right I still had to reload/restart eLicenser a couple of times

I have a slightly different issue. I installed AI6, then e-licenser, then updated AI6 to the newest version. When loading Cubase, I get the error message that a resource cannot be loaded. I click the error message to move on past and Cubase stops loading and I get the Windows error searching for a solution screen and I’m told to reload Cubase. I’ve done this to no effect. I’ve also tried to do a fresh load without updating first. I have also re-installed e-licenser and still have the same problem. I’m running Win7 64-bit.

Any ideas?

John

I have not used the LE4 software that came with my Tascam US144 for a long time as I have been using Reaper. However I wish to revisit Cubase now. The computer I originally had LE4 installed on is long dead and gone. I also can’t find the LE4 installation disc that came with the US144. My LE4 installation is still registered online with Steinberg in my user account. All the registration codes etc are still there. Where can I download LE4 so I can then install it on my current PC and then activate it using the reactivation procedure? I still use the Tascam US144. Thanks.

I just got Cubase LE 5 with a guitar amp. After activating it, it looks like the license expires in 30 days :confused: I was under the impression that this was not a trial software package. I did have a Cubase 7 trial on the computer before I installed Cubase LE 5, and did not erase the eLicense file. Could the 30 day license have transferred itself to the Cubase LE 5 ? Can this be fixed ? Sorry, but I’m a noobie to Cubase.

If not done so far, you can get your Activation Code for Cubase LE 5 in MySteinberg. Just click on “Add Software”, navigate to “Cubase AI/LE” and select “Cubase LE 5”. Enter your Soft-eLicenser-Number and you will receive the code to activate your Cubase LE 5.
This activation code has to be entered in the eLicenser Control Center afterwards.

Best wishes
Fabian

Hi
Can someone please help!

I bought a zoom r16 that comes bundlled with Cubase LE6. I installed 64bit on my pc but discoverd that the zoom driver did not work so in desperation i reinstalled the software as 32bit to see if it would solve the problem

Now however i cant activate teh software - i have tried the option to reactivate and use the original soft elicense code but it tells me that the code is now DEPRECATED and i cant activate it

I cant contact Steinberg because there is no email address and no form available to submit a support request (I’m in Netherlands and produvt bought from Germany)

Can any one please help

Hey,i brought cubase le,and ran out of time to activate my elisincer and cubase,how do i activate my product,permanent.and Renew my elisincer an activation code,can anyone help…

My situation is that the computer that will have Cubase LE5 on it is not internet capable. I followed the online instructions that stated simply to install eLicenser on an internet computer and get the activation code that way. My issue is that, when trying to enter the activation code on the computer that has Cubase LE5 installed on it, it wants to download the license … thus, I’m at a stand-still because there is no internet connection on that computer.

Exactly how does one go about getting Cubase LE5 up and running with permanent activation on a non-internet computer? I don’t know if this extra info is relevant, but my Cubase LE5 software came with the purchase of my Alesis iO2 Express interface.

Any help and information on getting Cubase up and running on my non-internet computer would be greatly and deeply appreciated. Thanks most graciously.

You will need a USB-eLicenser to use it on your non-internet machine.

I need access to a reactivation code, as I’ve purchased a new laptop and am attempting to re-install. I’ve attempted to uninstall from the original laptop in hopes the Activation Code would remain active when inputting into my sEL, but it states this code has been used. In attempting to reactivate on my new laptop, the directions above state to go to MySteinberg and click “Activation & Reactivation” on the left column. I’m not sure if the site has been re-designed since the initial posting, but I cannot find this option. How can I go about accessing a Reactivation Code for my current Cubase LE7?

Thank you,
Tim

Yes, the MySteinberg page has gone through a re-design recently.

Expand the “details” of your software version and you should see a box for “Software reactivation”.

I’m new to Cubase and like others here, got the software with a new product…Alesis mixer with Cubase LE 5. I’m liking the software so far and am interested in continuing it beyond the 30 day trial. The newer versions of Cubase are not as attractive to me simply because I’m running Windows XP, and LE 5 works with that operating system, newer versions call for Windows 7 or above. So, IS IT POSSIBLE to just authorize LE5 and if so, how, exactly? Thanks for a precise answer.

Did you receive an activation code?

Is your e-Licenser registered in your MySteinberg account?

Once activated, you should be able to use your LE 5 for an unlimited time period.

I did receive an activation code and registered online, creating a new MySteinberg account. However, during that process, I saw a message that says something like “this software will work for 30 days.” So, I’m wondering if after I spend time learning this software in the first 30 days, I will be required to pay to continue to use it. ?? Thanks.