How to Append "Folder Name" to Tracks

So, I’ve got a PLE preset I use to append strings to multiple tracks at the same time. However, each time I do this, I have to launch PLE and enter the string parameter.

I’d like to be able to bind this batch append function to a key-command and have Cubase auto generate some kind of name. For example attached the folder name to all the selected tracks.

Otherwise, having a pop up text box where I can enter the parameter string is also a good option.

Is there a way to do this?

Can you post a pic of your PLE?

No, AFAIK you won’t be able to automatically enter the folder name in PLE. You’d have to enter the name in your PLE preset manually.

So I was told on another forum that I can enter “Date” and the date would appear. It worked. What other things can I autogenerate like that? I tried to find a this info in the manual, but I was unable to.

Yes, the Date variable is used in one of the factory presets and I suppose it’s an easy target for autogeneration since it’s available on any computer. I don’t know if there are any other variables available.

Oh well. Thanks anyway.

If you standardized on a common set of words to append you could create a different PLE for each word. Then just run the specific PLE which appends the desired word/text.

Append ABC
Append XYZ
Append Good
Append Bad
Append Ugly
etc…

I do something similar to have the PLE set 60+ different colors