How to apply colors and such to all tracks ?

The only way I’ve ever been able to make it work for colors is through the toolbar color tool.

You’re right. Using Ctrl + Click only works for one track at a time, my bad.

BTW, using SHIFT only still works after a restart. Now I wonder if I was doing it wrong all along. I don’t believe that something would just magically start working just because. And given I can’t go back in time to verify this, I will simply put it down to human error. The simplest explanation is usually the correct one, right? :slight_smile:

Take care!

Alright, I have been reading this post and I cannot duplicate what you guys are describing. Do I have this correct please?

1. Open mixer to reveal channel bus options
  2. Click on multiple channels (grey them out)
  3. Drag mouse to the Bus window (?)
  4. Press only the Alt key and somehow the Bus window will drop down and then I can mouse click on the Bus I want? Or somehow just use the Alt key and this will happen? And all the channels I have selected with magically go to the same Bus?

This doesn’t work over here so I have to think I am not following what you are saying. Would one of you be so kind as to give me a better explanation or a better step by step please? Thank you.

For me to choose a Bus I have to go to the individual channel Bus, mouse click on it, drag the mouse to the correct Bus and release it. This is the only way I can make a selection. What am I missing? Also of note, XP did deliver a MS window (or maybe it was Steinberg?) that told me by pressing the ALT key 5 times in succession I was changing the way the Shift/Control/Alt key would behave. Anybody seen this before? Is this what you guys have done on your DAWs?

Thanks for any help here.

Oh wait, I get it.

1. Open channels in mixer
  2. Select tracks with Shift Key
  3. Go to Channel Bus window of selected tracks with mouse, holding the shift key down
  4. Select Bus with mouse arrow and release shift key
  5. All bus’s will be the same now (Except Group Channel which is a singular selection - the other tracks do not follow this choice over here)

Well, at least this is what happens here. What is with the Alt key use? Does this work as well?

Yes, Mr Roos, that’s exactly how i do it ! @CinSTudios, who’s the guy who’s not familiar with Cubase ?

Haha… also selecting tracks with Shift only allows for contiguous selection but using Ctrl to select tracks allows random selection (just in case you didn’t know)

They have changed it. I stand corrected. :slight_smile:

OK, now I’ve tested it:

If you have a few channels in your mixer selected, you need to hold Shift+Alt to give them the same input or output.
If you use only Shift you can assign following ins or outs. For example: You have 9 audiotracks and setup 3 inputchannels in your VST connection. If you select these 9 tracks and assign “mono in1” on audiochannel 1, you have
channel1 - mono in 1
channel2 - mono in 2
channel3 - mono in 3
channel4 - mono in 1
channel5 - mono in 2

this is a really handy feature to assign f.e. druminputs to your drumtracks.

The only really pain is, that you can’t change the order in your inputlist.

My english is not that good, I hope you could get the point…

Cheers, Matze!

For the record : if it’s about physical outputs, Shift assigns them in a cascading style (like DocMa explained). But if it’s a bus (a group, a virtual routing output, call it whatever you want), Shift assigns the same to all selected tracks.

Have you tried that on groups if you have more than one output buss? It’s cascading, too.

Cheers, Matze!

Oh, now we’re really confusing further users.

Still on using SHIFT only :

No it is not cascading groups at all. By groups, we mean Steinberg’s jargon to designate internal routing busses,.

It is cascading physical outputs of your audio interface, yes.

Of course i have tried with several groups. I do it now in front of me for the zillion time : i have two physical outputs, my fireface and my 4 pole, and 9 different groups. Whatever i do, no matter which group i choose, choosing a group with only shift pressed assigns only this group to these selected tracks.

SHIFT + ALT doesn’t do anything on groups while it prevents Cubase from cascading audio interface’s outputs when selecting one on several selected tracks.

I’ll try to record a movie of my fingers on the keyboard…

Were not talking Output Busses (or where we?)

Shift works for Group Channel Input’s regardless of how many you have!