How to apply the dynamic markings on several tracks simultaneously?

Hi,

I am using Cubase 8.5 and am new to Expression Maps. I am using them with East West and I am definitely enjoying what they can do.

My question is, is it possible to apply the dynamic markings on several tracks simultaneously? My understanding is that the point of Expression Maps is to give each track/instrument its own expression. Because of that, it wouldn’t really make sense to be able to change several tracks at the same time.

However, for example, if I want all the instruments at measure 10 to play Forte then at measure 25 all tracks to play Mezzo-Piano, I would need to go into each track individually. Kinda of a pain when there are multiple dynamic changes and they all occur at the same time.

The way I’ve been doing it now is that I go into each track’s Piano Roll and make the change. Sometimes I also use the Score window because it is easier for me to find the spot to add the dynamic marking.

Any advice on a better approach (if there is one) would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for the help.

One thing that might help is: In the Score Editor if you hold down alt/opt while inserting the dynamic it will be placed on all tracks.

Steve,

That worked! It is definitely much faster than doing it track by track.

Thank you. You saved me a lot of time.

Great, glad it helped.

By the way, this is not about expression maps in any way, so I’ll change the title.