How to bounce a vocal with an effect?

Hi all!

I’m using Cubase 9.5 Pro.

I’m wondering how would I go about to “Bounce” a track with an effect on it, so afterwar bouncing it I can then remove the effect and the effect will instead be “printed” on the track? I have several vocal tracks (and its corresponding channels) where I’ve added some WavesTune to fix some tuning issues on the vocals. And this “WavesTune plugin” is added as an Insert on the channels. I’ve never done this before, so I’d thought I ask Before messing it all up ! :slight_smile:

One more question… What would be the benefits for using WaveLabs as a mastering tool (after mixing the song in Cubase) rather than mastering the song directly inside Cubase (9.5 Pro)?

Thanks in advance for any replies!

Many regards, Robin Gardner

As they say, if you have to ask then you probably don’t need it. But here are the functions I use most in Wavelab that are not in Cubase.

1. Smart Bypass. This eliminates the loudness bias when comparing a pre-master file with the master, or any processed/unprocessed files.
  2. Error detection and correction.
  3. Faster editing for myself.
  4. Fantastic visual 3d frequency analysis
  5. Batch processing, conversion & renaming
  6. CD text
  7. DDP
  8. Audio Montage for assembly, effects, and CD error checks.
  9. Metering tools that go far beyond Cubase
  10. Spectrum editing, a completely different approach.
  11. Importing Audio CDs then data integration via ww web.
  12. Wavelab-Cubase integration (still not as nice as it was before Cubase SX but do-able)
  13. File comparison. Ever want to hear only the differences between 2 compressors or EQs? Create a delta file and listen only to the differences.Similar to when things don’t null.
  14. You have 1 .wav file that contains for example 15 songs. Set up the parameters and save 15 individual .wav tracks.

One of the biggest advantages I would guess for most would be the Montage.
You can always download the manual and check for additional features. :wink:

See the op manual starting on page 917 for a complete description for “Rendering Tracks”

Basically you are going to highlight the track you want to render. Then, in the “Render Settings” menu, choose “Channel Setting” or one of the other options described in the manual.

Regards :sunglasses:

Many thanks! :smiley: