How to change bpm Tempo fixed?

Hi friends,
How can I change the tempo/bpm on an existing project? In the transport-field there is a change to change the tempo, but if its “tempo fixed” you cannot even change that. Are there any ideas?
Thx.
U.

PS: I have the German version of Cubase 6, so I don’t know exactly the English words for some things, so I hope you can understand my question :slight_smile:

Tempo has two modes… “Track” and “Fixed”…
When set to “Track”, tempo follows the tempo map, as set in the Tempo Track Editor window (or the [duplicate] Tempo track in the Project window, if you have created one. (and what you see in the Tempo field of the Transport Bar just shows you the current tempo at the current song position).
When set to “Fixed”, Cubase ignores the Tempo Track, and plays at the tempo you see in the Tempo field in the Transport Bar.
In this instance, you can simply double-click on that tempo, and enter a new tempo :wink:

Hi vlc_france,

Thanks for your message. Thats what I already know. My problem is, that I can change the tempo in the transport bar, if its fixed. But I cannot change the tempo in the tempo track editor, when its not fixed. Is it possible to change this as well?

Hope, I describe my problem good enough… :frowning:

I wonder if you are trying to change the tempo in the correct bit? select the tempo node in the tempo track editor and change the tempo in the box above? (info line, make sure you have it switched on)

Ah yes, now I understand :wink:
Yes, it is as Split says…
If you are using the Tempo Track Editor window, you have to have its Info Line visible, select the desired tempo node, then change the value in the Info Line, not in the Tempo box (which merely shows the current value).

If you are using the Tempo Track Editor window, you have to have its Info Line visible, select the desired tempo node, then change the value in the Info Line, not in the Tempo box (which merely shows the current value)

Hi guys,
I still cannot change the tempo!
Attached is a picture of my tempo editor window and there is a field “tempo” where i usually change the tempo, but since last week its not changeable. I don’t know whats going wrong here?!? HELP :blush:
Thanks in advance

You are trying to change it in the tempo track, which you just disabled by selecting fixed tempo instead of tempo track :wink:

In the transport bar (F2) next to where it says Tempo - fixed, you’ll find the current tempo. Double click it to select it, and you can change it by inputting other values.

No… that screenshot shows you are trying to edit the wrong place (that is just the “display” box).
You have to make visible the Tempo Track Editor window’s Info Line (it is currently hidden there). Click on the button, 2nd from the left, to make it visible.

It amazes me that you haven’t looked in the manual, it would only take 2 mins and the answer is there, not that the answer hasn’t been pointed out at least three times in this thread.

For your reference it’s on page 464 of the C6 manual with a nice picture of the Tempo Track Editor showing the Info Line switched on. The tempo is typed in to the bit marked Value, after you have selected or created a tempo blob. :slight_smile:

Obviously looking into the manual is not as comfortable, as getting several personal explanations.

Thanks guys, I got it now!
(and it’s embarrasing me, that I didn’t look into the manual… sorry)

Obviously looking into the manual is not as comfortable, as getting several personal explanations.