How to change MIDI Remote MIDI port after creation?

We will fix that in the next maintenance update. Currently it saves all used port choices within the json file. And first gets picked. We will change that, so there will be only one choice of ports written to the json file.

3 Likes

Great, thanks!

1 Like

Ok, apparently I’m not the only one looking for where to change the midi ports :wink:
If I have understood correctly that is currently not possible and that can only be changed directly in the script?

@devarni
Same inquiry : officially, we now can set a given device without any MIDI output port. Fine… The problem is that it’s still impossible to get rid of the output port in the MIDI Remote Manager. So, following @Jochen_Trappe instructions, I made a search for DetectionUnit in the .json device file and stumbled on the following lines, more or less linked together :

{
                "id": 132,
                "type": "DeviceDetectionUnit",
                "members": {
                    "Entries": [
                    ]
                }
            },
            {
                "id": 133,
                "type": "DetectionPortPair",
                    "InputPort": 5,
                    "OutputPort": 6,
                    "InputNameFilters": [
                    ],
                    "OutputNameFilters": [
                    ]
                }
            },
            {
                "id": 134,
                "type": "DetectionInputNameFilterEquals",
                    "FilterValue": "UCX Midi Port 1"
                }
            },
            {
                "id": 135,
                "type": "DetectionOutputNameFilterEquals",
                    "FilterValue": "UCX Midi Port 2"
                }
            },

What are we supposed to do with these, to get rid of the output port ? Delete the involved lines ? Delete only what’s between quotes ? Something else ? :thinking:

Here in 08/23 and I am just learning about how maybe to do this by the unplugging and then deleting method. I want to say though that suggesting that the assistant always be closed…

when you’re done with your mappings.

…isn’t really a thing because remember, we are all testing and trying things and we are expecting that when we set something that it will be happening from then on. Then we want to set something else. I think what you meant to say was…

when you’re done with your mapping

…because I have taken to the habit of closing everything out to force a save or an enablement of the connection.

Also, one trick I’ve used to rescue projects that won’t let go of midi ports is to just quit everything and then increment something in the name of the device and folder path like, Native Instruments > MK2-3 > Native Instruments_MK2-3.js and… var deviceDriver = midiremote_api.makeDeviceDriver(‘Native Instruments’, ‘MK2-3’, ‘Me’) and then relaunch.

I know I’m bumping an old thread. Happy to learn where I’m doing it wrong too but this seems still pretty fragile.

Um this is def not working for me ie disconnect…the midi inputs are not selectable