How to change the order of Effects on Macro Page

In the videos of “Amped Elektra” and “Electric Bass” they show that you can change the order of the Effects by dragging them to another Slot/Place. Did someone know how to do this?

I’m very interested in this as well. :+1:

I’d like to know as well.

Changing the order of elements in program tree is possible via scripting. But dragging a macro page element to a different position is a mystery to me. At least I didn’t find a way to do it anywhere in the documentation.

These 2 instruments seem to be created by Steinberg though. They have their logo in macro page. Maybe that could explain that extra functionality.

Maybe that is a secret function or some special programming.
So please Halion Programmer, tell us the secret of this mystery, we won’t tell anybody… :wink:

But to know how to change the order via scripting is a good start. I thought about it some time ago if it is possible to do it with scripting but I can’t find something about it.
Now I found this some minutes ago. In the “Style” Property is a Function “Order”. Maybe this is the thing?
https://developer.steinberg.help/display/HMP/Template+List#TemplateList-Examples

And how is it to script?

1 Like

That’s interesting. Thanks for the link.

If I find out I will post here.

Well, it looks like it is possible. :grinning: :grinning:

You need a simple UI script and enable the “Order” property in template list.

function onTemplateListViewDrop(template, item, position)
	print("Template: ", template, " Item: ", item, " to position: ", position)
end

The script won’t do much, just print some information. But the onTemplateListViewDrop callback function needs to be present otherwise it won’t work. (You could also use an empty function)

function onTemplateListViewDrop()
end

That’s great!
Now I have to think how I rebuild my Effect Sektion. I have more than 10 Effects in several buses on Subpages. The Effect that you can choose via Page Switch stay in the same place on the Mainpage. Next to the Page Switch is an On/Off Button.
I think it would not work if I change the order of the Switch/OnOff Button.
The effects do not fit on one page. To build the Templatelist would not be the problem.

How could that work? With different Menus to choose Effect 1, Effect 2 …?
I don’t know.

Can you test this?
Drag Zone.vstpreset (8.8 KB)
It does something but it’s not quite right yet. Sometimes the order doesn’t match the macro page.

You can create a bus, load all effects you want to have in the menu. Create a menu with effect names. Disable all effects and only enable the selected effect.

Duplicate the bus with all effects and the menu. If all goes well then you would move the whole bus.
Drag FX.vstpreset (8.8 KB)

It works, amazing.
I do a little bit of graphic work so that it is better to handle and to see.
Drag Zone_02.vstpreset (8.8 KB)
But sometimes if you change a lot of times, it stops working. After some trying it starts working again.

I’m very busy the next time so it will take a while to build the other thing and test it. But I’m on it.

Maybe I’m missing something here, but in the macro page of this dragZone.vstpreset there’s just 4 knobs and each knob changes the type of the respective zone. They don’t change the order of the zones inside the program tree. :thinking:

Did you try dragging them?

You need to click and drag the corner of the template, which is not clearly visible. That was a bad design on my part.

If you try the example by @born_001 ?

Ah, I get it now. I was trying to drag them by clicking on the value field (under the knob) and that didn’t work. Thanks for clarification!