How to clear/reset track version ID counter history??? (for creation of template)

Hi,
How does one reset the track version ID history list counter so that it starts back at 1, 2, 3, etc? Mine is going from 1 and then starting at 50 on the next track version which will potentially cause problems if not just be confusing.

1 Like

Anyone? Really needing to finalize this Template!

1 Like

bump

anyone know if this was facilitated in C11?

Hi,

Still the same in Cubase 11.

Why that bothering you? ā€œAssign Common Version IDā€ and ā€œSelect Track with same version IDā€ is all you need actually, I made key commands for both and its easy to navigate/change/batch-rename etc track versions. Especially handy when you have few variations in the project and want to easily switch between. When you name Track version, ID number you referring to is pretty much irrelevant IMHO.

1 Like

why does having trackversions start at 61 bother me?

1 Like

To be sure I understand u right, what starts with 61? ā€œTrack Version Nameā€ or ā€œTrack Version IDā€ ?
If itā€™s ID than you shouldnā€™t bother with that since itā€™s just number which determine ā€œgroupā€ of the track version. Itā€™s relevant when you have multiple channels and you assign track versions on them in able to switch between versions on multiple tracks you have to ā€œgroupā€ every version under the same ā€œTrack Version IDā€ In the end letā€™s say u have 3 tracks of violins and you have 2 track versions (Minor V and Major V) so Version Minor have to be assigned same ā€œTrack Version IDā€ across 3 channels, same for Version Major. You probably know all of this but letā€™s not make confusion.

Yeah the problem is, itā€™s just annoying and confusing and there needs a better way to manage TrackVersion IDs. If Iā€™ve deleted all track versions in the project, why does it make sense for them to continue starting at 61 or whatever?

it at the very least needs to be reset when saving a template

1 Like

Iā€™ve figured the only way to get all these reset, is to create a new project and recreate the template by importing all the tracks as a starting pointā€¦ Something have to be redone by hand though, like Project Workspaces although i may be able to transfer them by resaving them as Global.

resetting track versions should at the very least be an option when ā€˜Save As Templateā€™, with a warning that data on inactive trackversions will be deleted in the new template.

1 Like

This is still an issue in C11.0.30 as i just ran into a situation where one track had a different ID even though they had the same version number. If there is only v1 version the ID is not even visible. It should at least be shown because in this case it wouldnā€™t select all of the tracks like I wanted.

Could Cubase at least always display the ID.

1 Like