How to compile examples on Windows 10?

I am following this guide (I can’t post links):
/vst3_doc/vstinterfaces/cmakeUse.html

I am on step 2.1. When I run this command:
cmake.exe -G "Visual Studio 16 2019" -A "Win64" "..\VST3_SDK"

I get the following error:

-- SMTG_PLUGIN_TARGET_PATH is set to : C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/VST3
-- Selecting Windows SDK version 10.0.18362.0 to target Windows 10.0.19041.
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:24 (project):
  Failed to run MSBuild command:

C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio/2019/Community/MSBuild/Current/Bin/MSBuild.exe

to get the value of VCTargetsPath:

Microsoft (R) Build Engine version 16.8.3+39993bd9d for .NET Framework
    Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Build started 3/7/2021 10:44:51 PM.
    Project "C:\VST_SDK\build\CMakeFiles\3.19.1\VCTargetsPath.vcxproj" on node 1 (default targets).
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\MSBuild\Current\Bin\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(780,5): error : The OutputPath property is not set for project 'VCTargetsPath.vcxproj'.  Please check to make sure that you have specified a valid combination of Configuration and Platform for this project.  Configuration='Debug'  Platform='Win64'.  You may be seeing this message because you are trying to build a project without a solution file, and have specified a non-default Configuration or Platform that doesn't exist for this project. [C:\VST_SDK\build\CMakeFiles\3.19.1\VCTargetsPath.vcxproj]
    Done Building Project "C:\VST_SDK\build\CMakeFiles\3.19.1\VCTargetsPath.vcxproj" (default targets) -- FAILED.

Build FAILED.

"C:\VST_SDK\build\CMakeFiles\3.19.1\VCTargetsPath.vcxproj" (default target) (1) ->
    (_CheckForInvalidConfigurationAndPlatform target) ->
      C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\MSBuild\Current\Bin\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(780,5): error : The OutputPath property is not set for project 'VCTargetsPath.vcxproj'.  Please check to make sure that you have specified a valid combination of Configuration and Platform for this project.  Configuration='Debug'  Platform='Win64'.  You may be seeing this message because you are trying to build a project without a solution file, and have specified a non-default Configuration or Platform that doesn't exist for this project. [C:\VST_SDK\build\CMakeFiles\3.19.1\VCTargetsPath.vcxproj]

0 Warning(s)
        1 Error(s)

Time Elapsed 00:00:00.14

Exit code: 1

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also "C:/VST_SDK/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".

This is line 24 of CMakeLists.txt:
project(vstsdk)

This is the right command (changed Win64 to x64) :
cmake.exe -G "Visual Studio 16 2019" -A x64 "..\VST3_SDK"

1 Like