How to convert 440Hz tracks to 432Hz?

Hi, how can we convert 440Hz tracks to 432Hz?

Can Cubase do it in an accurarte way?

Thank you!

If you do a forum search, you will see this has been discussed a lot.

Cubase can do it as accurately as all the other functions. Very accurate. ::slight_smile:
https://forums.steinberg.net/search?expanded=true&q=440Hz%20%20%20432Hz%20order%3Alatest

2 Likes

Thank you steve,
So, because i didn’t find someone who gives an answer about this function in Cubase, from these topics that you send,
Could you please tell me, in which way Cubase can do this conversion? or is there any specific topic, video or article that shows this function?

Thank you

Simply transpose the audio.

Or be clear about what this means. If you want to make A=432Hz throughout the sequencer, this is not possible.

Depends of the workflow and do you record live instruments or you are using in the box synths. On some synths you can set master tune (spire for ex)

Anyway when i had some requests(was like 10 years ago) to make few projects in 432hz tune.

I tried with fine pitch shift but often i get some odd results and bad transients. I remember that i got best results using resample and https://musiccalculator.com/

So the thing can look complicated but in essence is pretty simple.

You have to calculate in which tempo your project has to be in order when you apply resample pitch it gets to the desired tempo (where you don’t lose transients nor you make conventional stretching) Keep in mind that it’s not the same as elastique pitch preserving stretching you have in cubase.

So in practice it should looks like this:

1. Calculate how much % has to be applied to get from 440 to 432. And add that to your tempo.
  2. For ex your project is in 128, you have to put 128.635 BPM
  3. When you finish the track bounce it as wav and import it back into DAW and apply resample pitch I used reaper since it has precise pitch resampling (in 4 decimals if i remember correctly) so you get pretty accurate desired BPM (128)after you resample it.

I would like to make accurate step by step how to make it but unfortunately was long ago.
But with little brainstorming you will easily succeed to make it :wink:

1 Like

If you are talking about audio tracks, real instruments recorded at 440hz.
Try Waves SoundShifter plug-in.

Also, just don’t :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Also agree on that :smile:

I once wanted to do that, trying to make a historically accurate orchestral mock-up.
It depends on your track types.
If it’s audio tracks, you’ll have to use Melodyne or some other autotune/ harmonizer-type plugin.
If it’s a MIDI track, look to the MIDI microtuner. This is found under MIDI inserts in the inspector for the MIDI track in question. You have to convert from Hz to cents (100th of a semitone), but it will work.

1 Like

Thank you

Did you try to do that with Autotune or Melodyne and you have accurate results?

I was doing an orchestral mock-up, mostly with HSO, so I had no audio tracks. Some VSTis allow for re-tuning, others I used the micro-tuner.

If I’d had audio tracks, I would have used Melodyne, especially since I have Melodyne Studio. I believe Cubase has a pitch shift algorithm:
manual page, Cubase Pro 11
I might give that a try, but for the fact that I got in on a series of discounts for Melodyne.

Hi,how can i record in 432Hz in cubase from the start of a project? I can’t find a way and can’t start recording my piano album because of this difficulty . I also need to convert some .wav and .mp3 soundtracks that I recently composed from 440 to 432Hz, how can I do this? Thanks stefano

@maestropetrini @TaylorG Don’t be fools… 432 Hz? You Miiiight Want To Check Your Sources - YouTube

1 Like

What piano library are you using? You may be able to adjust the tuning there. If it’s a real piano, best to get it tuned to 432Hz. It’s possible to adjust the pitch of audio, but it usually has side effects, especially on acoustic instruments like pianos.

Yes, it’s bunkum, but it might still make commercial sense to produce 432 music!

Wow! Quite a rabbit hole there. Have we reached the tipping point yet where the internet does more harm than good, mainly by putting unhinged weak-willed susceptible people in touch with each other, rather than being surrounded by the sane people in their immediate physical surroundings, allowing them to amplify their crazy whacked out ideas?
I was impressed with the video. I’m a scientist and what he was pointing out with how these ‘studies’ were conducted, i.e., lacking a control group and being performed in a non-controlled environment, and with small numbers of people was spot-on. Those studies lack rigor, at the least.

3 Likes