How to copy and paste in Drum edit

This maybe a simple thing that I have some how overlooked. Lets say you want to copy the snare sequence from a drum midi file in Drum Editor and paste it to another drum sound or midi note to get the combined sound or change the sound. I have tried selecting the snare part, selecting the target where I want to paste it and it always paste back the original place. Am I missing something or what?
I am using Cubase Pro 10.5 on Windows 10 64.

Hi,

Hold down Alt modifier and drag & drop the note(s) to the new position. The Paste function pastes the note to the very same pitch.

Maybe I’m wrong but:
Before holding alt, need to click note, then with holding alt, drag.

If we hold alt before, Our cursor change to draw tool

1 Like

Hi,

If you first hold Alt and then click a note (not an empty space) new note will not be created, but the “Copy” function will be triggered. If you would click to an empty space (while holding Alt), then yes, you are right, a new note would be created.

It pastes to the left cursor.

Hi,

You mean the Copy and Paste function from the Edit menu or Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V, right? Yes it does and the Pitch doesn’t change.

Thanks for all the replies. This has had me baffled for a while. I have tried using the Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V with no luck.