How to create a Mono Performer Track?

When I create a Performer track in Cubase 8.5.20 in the VST menu Create Performer Track, a Stereo Track is created but what I need is a Mono track. I understand how the assign a mono input to a track, but the stereo track only indicates one side of the track, i.e. left or right. How do I create a Mono Performer Track?

Thank you in advance.

well this has been out here for 5 days and no response … is this a new one for Steinberg support team?

What the abbreviated manual says does not jive with what actually happens… By default, Connect Pro creates a stereo performer track… even if you set the Performers individual channels to mono.

sorry, got a notification about a new post only today.
If you are desperate for mono, you can split channels after recording, or remove the VST Connect Stereo Input Channel, create a Mono Input Channel (all in Devices/VST Connections/Inputs tab), and insert the VST Connect plugin there so that further Performer recordings will be mono.

“create a Mono Input Channel (all in Devices/VST Connections/Inputs tab), and insert the VST Connect plugin there so that further Performer recordings will be mono.”

Excellent! Thank you!