How to Create a "Mute MIDI Note Density" Logical Editor Preset?

Hi,

I am looking for assistance in creating a MIDI Logical Editor preset that performs the function of muting selected notes randomly by a chance of 60%.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I’m not aware of a way of doing that with a logical editor preset, but there’s a MIDI Insert plugin that can thin out a percentage of notes randomly:

1 Like

Thanks for the info.

I am aware of the MIDI Insert - Density, however the problem with this insert is how it continuously changes the muting positions over time which is not what I want.

The idea behind my perceived Logical Editor Preset / Macro is to have a controlled randomized muting function that does not change over time, but rather changes each time that the logical editor preset is applied.

I have been experimenting and this is the current macro I have created currently:
(1) Edit - Select All
(2) Edit - Unmute Events
(3) Process Logical Preset (Transform) - Randomize Velocity Values between the values of 0 to 100
(4) Process Logical Preset (Select) - Velocity Selection between Values Less than or Equal to 60
(5) Edit - Mute Events

This is working decently, however I am wondering if there is any possible way to set the velocities back to 100 after the muting has been applied. This is the last step I need to figure out.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

But you can make the results of the MIDI Insert(s) permanent

Or if you want to keep the original MIDI track, via

1 Like

Thanks for the info, I appreciate your input.

That is certainly a good alternative method.

After some experimentation I have completed creating a macro to function how I wanted it by doing the following:

(1) Edit - Select All
(2) Edit - Unmute Events
(3) Process Logical Preset (Transform) - Randomize Velocity Values between the values of 0 to 100
(4) Process Logical Preset (Select) - Velocity Selection between Values Less than or Equal to 60
(5) Edit - Mute Events
(6) Edit - Select All
(7) Process Logical Preset (Transform) - Velocity Set to Fixed Value of 100

Thanks

1 Like