How to deal with motorised faders

Un-Touch and Punch Out are two different things. Currently, I cannot touch nor un-touch a fader using the MIDI remote in surface editor. That’s all I’m saying.

But you’ve already bound the touch to a button, haven’t you?

I have bound the action of touching the physical fader with my finger to a momentary button, yes. But what should this button do? :slightly_smiling_face:

How can I know? :laughing: Isn’t this up to you to decide?
By the way, a “hack” concerning faders with touch, would be to use a push encoder instead of fader.

This is a nice hack. But if you need to automate a parametrr that is bound to an encoder/button you have to manually enable/disable auto write. Furthermore, in absence of “TouchSense” signal, touh mode will stop writing automationa few seconds after the last data received. And your hack can’t help with this.

Unfortunately API doesn’t help with that.

We really need a touchsensitive fader support on MIDI Remote, it’s been promised a year ago now…

1 Like

Managing write/read doesn’t bother me.

That’s exactly what this is about.

Here’s a video to show what the issue is. Auto-Latch mode can help (by masking the symptoms) with keeping a value at the very end of an automation pass, but lack of touch does not help at the start of an automation pass, or at re-touching a specific value and keeping it, while not moving the fader at all. We need a mouse click for faders. Actually we need multiple clicks for as many faders as we can control. :grin:

Is there an update on a proper implementation for motorised faders?
Feels a bit like Steinbergs focus has shifted on consumers rather than pro gear in this regard.

To anyone who might have missed it: Touch-sensitive faders are now supported in Cubase 13’s Midi Remote API v1.1.

1 Like