How to delete an empty title page without altering the music pages?

Is there a way to delete an empty title page without altering the following music pages? Removing page overrides of the title page deletes it but also changes the layout of the following music pages.

Check that you are using the proper page template on the new first music page.

Move the title page to the end of the layout and then remove the page overrides of the page.

I tried this before, but moving the title page to the end of the flow already alters the vertical spacing of the music.

It is set to “First”.

Move the title page to the end of the layout and then remove the page overrides of the page.
This helps me…

Is there a reason, why you made the title page a “First Master Page”? Do you have another “First Master Page” in the project?

No, I have no other “First Master Page” in my project. I’m not sure if I get you right. In the “Insert Master Page Change” window I have “First” and “Default” as a choice. With both of them I can’t manage to delete the title page without altering the vertical spacing of the music pages.

Unless I am much mistaken (or you are completely forgoing the master frame chain and using layout frames on each page), it’s impossible to retain staff spacing if the music in each frame moves to a different frame. I’d be very happy to be proved wrong, of course.

No, I have no other “First Master Page” in my project. I’m not sure if I get you right. In the “Insert Master Page Change” window I have “First” and “Default” as a choice. With both of them I can’t manage to delete the title page without altering the vertical spacing of the music pages.

Create a custom master page “Basierend auf: (Keine)” for the Title page. Than you can insert a Master Page change to this new Master Page. Perhaps “First Master Page” is sometimes a bit misleading, because it is the first page of music and not necessarily the first page of the project.

Create a custom master page “Basierend auf: (Keine)” for the Title page. Than you can insert a Master Page change to this new Master Page. Perhaps “First Master Page” is sometimes a bit misleading, because it is the first page of music and not necessarily the first page of the project.

Just tried that. When I insert a Master Page change to the title page i get an additional green beam on that page in the right panel. When I Remove Page Overrides the red triangle disappears, but the title page is not deleted.

I finally managed the process, but not very elegant. I took a note of all the Staff Spacing distances before deleting and reput them after deleting.

Or just ignore the page (depending on the situation) export the pdf and then delete the spurious page in a pdf editor.

My experiences:

I have the following master pages in the master page preset for score:
1 First
2. Default
3. Contents (a customised master page)
4. Instruments (a customised master page)
5. Title (a customised master page)

I created three customised pages while working. I rearranged master pages, but the result was wired.
The expected result comes only when I created master pages No.3 to No. 5 or vice versa after deleting all page overrides.

Yes, I did that before. In that particular case I want to add the flow to another one, but did not think of that when I added the title page. Now I know: It’s easy to add a title page, but rather hard to get rid of it. Thanks for all the suggestions!

Thank you, I take that in consideration. In any case i’ll make a habit of saving the customized music project before adding title pages.

Leo’s correct that there’s no way around this at present, i.e. that you cannot add or remove a page at the start of the layout without losing your staff spacing adjustments, but we are definitely planning to change this in future.

Okay, that’s good to hear. Thank you, Daniel.