How to delete duplicate lyrics?

I’ve got a bunch of midi parts that have 4-part vocal harmonies in them. Unfortunately (I now know) each of the vocal parts has lyrics assigned to each note. When I open it in the Score Editor it’s a real mess with the same words stacked on top of each other, two on each staff, often not perfectly aligned. What I want to do is get rid of the lyrics on all the notes assigned to midi channels 2 & 4 - which would leave me with only one set of lyrics for each clef. I thought I could use the logical editor for this, but it seems there is no way to take action on the "text’ parameter of a note. I was also looking at the score settings to see if there is anyway to suppress the lyrics display for a voice, but don’t see anything there.

So I’m trying to figure out the easiest way to erase the redundant lyrics. I can’t just delete them in the Score Editor because it erases both stacked words. I really don’t want to go in and erase them note-by-note in the Key Editor.

Well one Campari & Vodka later I realized how easy this is. :smiley:

I used the logical editor to select all the notes on channels 2 & 4 in the Key Editor. Then just delete the text field in the Info Line.

I suspect that the Campari & Vodka was only partly responsible :stuck_out_tongue:.

You are right. I’m sure the cashews did their part too. :astonished:

This thread classes up the joint.