How to directly connect bass amp to Cubase via PC

I have a PC with Windows 10, and have just purchased Cubase 11. What I want to know:

I have a Fender Rumble amp that connects directly to my PC via USB cord. And of course I want to record a few notes that I play. How can I set up the new input source?

You would install their ASIO driver, and select that driver in Cubase Studio Settings. According to

1 Like

Hmm… I see that “No special drivers are necessary for either Windows or MacOS to record audio from your amp to your computer” on a connected page. Therefore, since I am using ASIO4ALL, I should already be able to connect the Fender amp to Cubase and record AUDIO (no midi, unfortunately) from the amp, and NOT any audio that the computer microphone picks up.

The amp is already connected to my PC when I look for it in Settings/Devices. Do you know how I can specifically select this amp as input?

I don’t know. The page I read says you need to install the ASIO driver. Cubase will only see interfaces via an ASIO driver.
f you have different info than I quoted, direct me to it.

i can’t include websites! but it is a page directly connected to the one you sent me :wink:

also, i tried to download Fender_Universal_ASIO_2_10_F.exe, but it just took me to a Fender Customer Support page. where the heck can i actually download it??

That I don’t know.

steve,
Here is the website (slightly distorted): h t t p s : / / fender customer support. microsoft crmportals .com/en-us/knowledgebase/article/ KA-01921

There should be no spaces in the address btw

" No special drivers are necessary for either Windows or MacOS to record audio from your amp to your computer. If your recording application requires low latency, however ( low latency means shorter delay time between your live playing and the output then heard), you may find the default Windows drivers unacceptable. In this case, an ASIO™ driver is suggested. You may already have one if you use a USB audio interface box in your studio; if not, a free ASIO™ driver is readily available…"

I can’t un-munge that url, but probably it’s Fender you should ask this question to.

But Cubase requires ASIO drivers, that’s the simple fact.

ha I am still waiting on Fender to respond!

But i am going ahead and trying ASIO4ALL on here. Not sure if that directly connect, but… what can it hurt :slight_smile: