How to disable VST Transit on Startup??? PLZ!!

I was running Cubase 9.5 and 10.0.15 in parallel when recently I decided to simply have version 10 because of always having to cancel a dialog complaining about not being able to find the Iconic wave files and etc.

I tried the demo of the VST and decided I didn’t need it and started having missing file references when I didn’t opt to purchase after the trial ended. Was an annoyance but didn’t prohibit me from using either version.

Felt it was time to cleanup having files scattered between the 2 versions, totally removed both installs, rebooted and installed only 10. No issues until I attempted to launch 10 and now suddenly it wants to perform a VST Transit initialization and sticks on the screen FOREVER.

So guess I’m now getting the full Cubase 10 experience and it sucks! Probably should have stuck with the upgraded model. :frowning:

Saw several places where it was suggested to simply remove the component if it wasn’t being used but first problem is I can’t get past the screen to find any place within Cubase to remove it. And second issue is, I don’t know where the files I’m supposed to remove are located.

Running on Mac.

So far I’ve located the vstconnect.bundle in the components folder and VST Connect.vst3 in the VST3 folder. Removed them from those locations and the program is still performing this VST Transit initialization. Worse thing ever.

Anyone know how to stop it??? Please help me make it stop :angry: !!!

If its the VST demo it may be in your e licenser control panel. Soft license if you will

Thanks shanabit. At this point the VST demo issue is non-existent but you made a valid point so I did check the eLicenser to make certain there wasn’t an issue there and all checks out okay.

I believe the VST Transit initialization is connected to the VST Connect component but I don’t use VST connect so I just need a way to exclude it from the initial startup so the program can load.

Which OS? If Windows, then rename or move “C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Cubase 10\VST3\VST Connect.vst3”

Its Mac OS.

Tried renaming the VST Connect.vst3 file but the OS will still append .vst3 back onto the filename
Tried moving the file to a different location to exclude it from the initial scan and Cubase still gets stuck on VST Transit initialization

Can’t think of anything else to do at this point. Even applied the update out of desperation, even though it was already a full installation of 10.0.15 :frowning:

The “nuclear” option? Safe Start Mode

Thanks MrSoundman. Nuclear options didn’t have any affect on the outcome, same issue.

Experience has shown me that anytime there is an issue that virtually no one of all the software users have; or if there is a proven resolution or workaround to an issue that works for the majority but I have an issue with… More than likely its a problem unique to my own system.

So there’s no sense chasing a problem like that by wasting time and space in the forum. I’ve concluded this is obviously my own battle now so I’m going to wipe the whole system and start fresh. I have backups so its not going to cost me anything but time. Probably overdue anyway.

Appreciate all the feedback!

Do a maintenance on the eLicenser, that should clean out any expired licenses.

Been there, Done that. :smiley:
Thanks!

ME TOO!!!
I get stuck on VST Transit and I want to kill myself. It takes forever. Steinberg even went into my computer and couldn’t solve it. The suggested to do a clean install of my OS. I’m not doing that. Logic, Reaper, PT all load very quickly. I updated elicenser and updated to 10.0.40 and it takes less time but still a looooong time. Pro 10 run great after it finally opens. WHY?!?!

HAVING TRIED EVERYTHING TO GET RID OF THIS VST TRANSIT HANG, AND NOW WITH VERSION 10.5 COMING ALONG,

IT’S EITHER GET THIS FIXED OR MOVE FROM CUBASE TO THE DARK SIDE OF OTHER DAWS.

HELP !!!

I HAVE:
Reinstalled everything.
Purchased a new USB Elicencer.
Deleted VST Transit.
Deleted VST Connect.
Tried V10 Pro,Elements and AI.
Eliminated all non 64 bit plugins.
Reinstalled my OS, currently Mojave…too scared to try Catalina as yet…given what happened last time…

PLEASE HELP !!!

Hi,

Please rename the following components
‎⁨Macintosh HD⁩ ▸ ⁨Library⁩ ▸ ⁨Application Support⁩ ▸ ⁨Steinberg⁩ ▸ ⁨Components⁩ ▸ vsttransit.bundle
‎⁨Macintosh HD⁩ ▸ ⁨Library⁩ ▸ ⁨Application Support⁩ ▸ ⁨Steinberg⁩ ▸ ⁨Components⁩ ▸ vsttransitcore.bundle

to
‎⁨Macintosh HD⁩ ▸ ⁨Library⁩ ▸ ⁨Application Support⁩ ▸ ⁨Steinberg⁩ ▸ ⁨Components⁩ ▸ vsttransit.bundlex
‎⁨Macintosh HD⁩ ▸ ⁨Library⁩ ▸ ⁨Application Support⁩ ▸ ⁨Steinberg⁩ ▸ ⁨Components⁩ ▸ vsttransitcore.bundlex

and let me know if it helped,
Michael.

The same thing happened with me. I update to Cubase Pro 10.5 and the issue went away.
It was pretty brutal for a long time.
Should I still rename my files in my HD?