How to: edit channel settings and remove Channel Strip

I’m stuck on this one. For years I had the edit panel the way I wanted: when in MixConsole and I click on “e” to edit the channel settings, I only saw the large EQ panel in the center and not the Channel Strip. Yesterday, I must have clicked something in error and now the edit panel also displays the Channel Strip next to the EQ (along with a smaller Strip panel on the left near the Insert panel). How to remove the Channel Strip from appearing?

By the way, I am NOT referring to the Racks tab and displaying the Channel Strip. This is specific to the Edit Channel view. THANKS!

I’m not aware of any way to set the channel editor this way. It may be a corruption of some kind.
Try opening in safe mode…if that fixes it you’ll need to trash your preferences.

Top left of the channel editor, Windows layout, you can remove the inserts and sends and just be left with the eq and strip tabbed.

Thanks all. First, am I losing my memory or does the Edit Channel Settings panel always come with the Channel Strip and the EQ? Am I wrong in thinking that my setup was able to display without the Channel Strip?

Yes, I’m aware of the Windows layout option, but this removes the Inserts and Sends…No, I want to keep these. It’s the Channel Strip that I want to remove. Why? Because I prefer using my own choice of 3rd party FX.

First, am I losing my memory or does the Edit Channel Settings panel always come with the Channel Strip and the EQ?

They are tabbed.

you can change from channel strip to effects one is on the right the other on the left you just need to click on it. nothing strange… in your effects on any channel you will see on the left inserts and strip. click on inserts and you will see your own inserts. on the top in middle its the same… you will see channel strip on the left and on the right EQ . just click with your mouse witch one you want to see…
ok??