I have Zoom Presets 1 - 5 assigned to key command ALT + 1 - 5 respectively. How can I edit the zoom presets? I’d like 5 to zoom in much closer than it currently is set at.
Page 60 in the operations manual.
There is a down arrow next to the horizontal zoom slider.
You will see that there are more than 5 zoom presets and you can go tighter with 6 and beyond.
Also, CTRL ALT scroll wheel will adjust horizontal zoom
If you really want to make zoom pre 5 tighter, you choose organize, delete the presets so there are only the top 4 left… the make a 5th on your own.
Having a key command set up for zoom in, zoom out is also good. Mine are R and T which are the same in protools.
HA I’ve been carrying over custom key commands for previous versions, I can never remember what they were.
Thank you so much for this. I remembered that only the first 5 were assignable, but didn’t know I had to delete them and make a new one.
I sure wish the management of zoom presets was improved.
Its kind of a pain…
Instead of deleting previous zoom presets, you can organize them.
- Look for RAMPresets.xml and make a backup copy
- Open it
- search for “minutes”, you will find the location for the Project Window “PArrangeWindowZoom”
- under this you have a list of items.
- look for your settings names in this list.
- Cut all your settings you want to move from <obj class “FPreset” ID"xxxxxxxx"> to
- Paste at the beginning just under
- Save the file
You can do this also for the Audio editor,
Nice hack. I’ll have to try it.