How to enter arpeggiated grace chord?

Hi,

How do I input attached notation?

Thank you,

Select the three grace notes. Open the Properties panel. In the Notes and Rests category, click on Laissez vibrer tie. You can lengthen and raise/lower the L.V ties in Engrave mode, and can flip them by pressing F.

The workaround is needless.
Select the three grace-notes (click the beam to select them all together) and hit T.
Job done.

1 Like

The issue is not the tie.

Starting with:

how do I enter the grace arpeggio?

Thank you!

I actually found the solution.
I enter grace note mode and type the arpeggio, exit mode, enter chord and then tie.
Thank you!
Alex

The stem direction and tie direction were better in the original. And the ties need repositioning and reshaping as well. Can one make those alterations in Dorico?

In Engrave mode, selecting some notational elements (notes, ties, slurs, and some others), and then pressing F will flip their orientation. Some things can’t be flipped, but the best way to find out is to try it. In the example given, the grace notes and the ties should all flip. It is also possible in Engrave mode to change the shape and length of ties by grabbing and dragging the edit handles - you will probably need to zoom in to be able to click accurately.

1 Like

Let me add the keyboard shortcuts method: instead of grabbing, you can alt-arrow the handles. And the interesting bit here: when you cmd-shift-alt-arrow (ctrl-alt-shift-arrow on PC?) the handles, you can fine-tune by 1/32 of space, which is very precise.

1 Like

Thanks very much, steven and Marc. Sounds good.

1 Like