How to export a cue sheet the same way as you can with Pro Tools?

Or you could try one of the above already mentioned suggestions, or of course ignore them.

Please excuse my ignorance but don’t all the ‘already mentioned suggestions’ require markers being made. I have a 4 minute long item with 8 pieces of music in it with a number of them hacked together from separate regions from the same file. Is there and easy way to create markers for each piece of music being used, bearing in mind each region is crossfaded into the next that doesn’t involve me manually making and labelling the cycle markers?

The track data view gets close although it has the length of each region which (for me) would have to be manually added together and doesn’t appear to be exportable/printable.

Dave

The need to deal with edited music cues exists in all solutions.
Easiest way is actuall to handle it outside of the daw but requires som excel or database skills (not very advanced but still).
Otherwise the user have to either consolidate or glue or somehow deal with the edited parts in the daw first. There is no way around that.

Another thing to be aware of is that the event length might be totally wrong as the used length of the music may be totally different depending on where the mixer fades the cue in or out.

As with most things there are no free lunches.

Dealing with stems and overlapping a/b cues is another obstacle again.

What I do is to just go through the material check the in/out points of the music and grab the name from the remix track using a macro (I use keyboard maestro in Mac). This speeds things up quite a bit.

I clue the edited music parts, have a key command to make a cycle marker around it and copy paste song name to markers name.
When finished, export music cycle markers to csv.
Easy, not too time consuming and is very ok for productions…

Sorry to dredge this up again but I was wondering if someone had a clever way (on a windows machine) of selecting the ‘region description’ field so I can copy it and paste it to the marker description field without having to click on it with the mouse, this seems to be the one thing stopping me from making a macro.

Depends on project window layout and what window has active focus but…
With the info line visible. Try just hitting the tab key. IIRC I got it there using three tabs with the inspector closed (N7 OSX). But it was a bit hit and miss for me.
I chose to use the image recognition/click in my macro software to reliably click there.
Having a simple way to get there would indeed be quite useful.

I’ve asked long time since for a feature that would name a new cycle marker (users option of cource) according to the event it is greated around for. That would be perfect IMO.