How to get flow duration on a first page without music

Hello,
In my piece I would like to have in my first page without music the duration of the piece.
Can you help me

As far as I know, you can write the duration of each flow.

Token Description
{@flowDuration@} Duration of the current flow in minutes and seconds
{@flownDuration@} Duration of flow n in minutes and seconds

I do that on my first page but the problem is that I see always {@flowDuration@} or
{@flownDuration@} but not time

It has to be in a text frame I think.

Jesper

You cannot use tokens in shift-x text. As @jesele says, you need to put the token somewhere in a text frame (preferably by editing a master page layout).

Ok I do that but it doesn t work without music Frame see my picture

d2
d3

{@flowDuration@}

If you right-click in the text frame you get a list of tokes to insert.

Jesper

1 Like

I try it but it doesn t work
d6

Double-click first so that you get the cursorl then right-click.

Jesper

I understand why it doesn’t work because it’s not attached to the music frame

1 Like

If you double-click inside the text-frame?

Jesper

And as @Janus said, you wrote flowduration, should be flowDuration

Jesper

In fact I am wrong - they are not case sensitive! See https://steinberg.help/dorico/v1/extra/dorico-tokens.pdf
It is strange though that the default tokens in the master layout pages are shown as eg. {@projectTitle@}!

@Laurent_Colombo
OK I’ve done some experiments and I agree with you. The behaviour of the {@flowduration@} token is inconsistent.

However, the token {@flow1duration@} should work on your title page (note the 1)

3 Likes

Thanks it’s now good
Thank you very much for quick answer

Hi,
Can you say me
How to get the entire duration of a Sonate with 3 mvt

Flow tokens on pages with no music frames must include a specification of the flow number, as explained here on the Tokens page in the latest version of the manual.

@Laurent_Colombo I realise you posted this question in two threads - try to be careful when doing that, as it can make it harder to anyone helping you to know what you’ve already been told, sometimes duplicating everybody’s efforts.

1 Like

AfaIk:

1. select the last note (or rest) of the sonata

2. press P

3. press the space-bar immediately

4. Top Right read the entire duration of the sonata. (if you see the bar number click on it, you’ll see the duration)