How to get New Jupiter X to show as external instrument

I have installed the Jupiter X driver (well windows 10 did it) and using USB it shows in studio setup as midi ins/outs. I can select it in the track inspector and record/playback one channel of midi. But the instrument doesn’t show in “add instrument track” as my Motif XF, XS, and MOXF does or as my Prophet Rev 2 plugin shows in VST. The Jupiter 10 supposedly sends 5 stereo pairs of audio out via the USB and I am lost trying to set this up. Will be posting this at Roland also, but wondering if there is any help here.

Welcome @BradlyT

I don’t know that device, but it sounds like an audio interface so have you selected it in Studio Setup>Audio System?

It doesn’t show up there either. In windows
Audio devices I see all all the 5 stereo audio outputs, plus the main audio outputs. They don’t show in cubase.

I think you still need to download Roland’s driver to get the, er, full functionality with the ASIO driver included.

Most of the Roland Devices automatically download the correct driver from Microsoft.
These are not generic drivers, but the ones provided by Roland. Makes life a bit easier!
The correct ASIO drivers are included

I tried that, it doesn’t show in the list. In my windows audio area I see all the Jupiter X stereo pairs, so the driver is installed correctly. It shows that the Jupiter’s MAIN MIX OUT as what is coming to Cubase. All the others don’t show up anywhere in Cubase. Going to ask Roland too. Thanks for replying.

In my windows audio area I see all the Jupiter X stereo pairs available, so the driver is installed correctly. It shows that the Jupiter’s MAIN MIX OUT as what is coming to Cubase. All the others don’t show up anywhere in Cubase. Going to ask Roland too. Thanks for replying.

These symptoms correspond with a conclusion that ASIO driver is not installed, and the device is in class compliant mode.

To use an audio device in Cubase an ASIO driver is needed. I read what @BradlyT said, but the fact remains…

This sounds a problem I had long ago with another product with Roland hardware. Unfortunately it didn’t work like Motif or Virus TI I had. You have to choose the Jupiter’s Asio driver it to work. But then you lose your other devices. In other words Roland hardware doesn’t integrate with Cubase like you want it to.

Hope I’m wrong!

I figure I need to use the Jupiters Drivers to do the 6 track (mix, plus 5 stereo pairs simultaneously) but even though the drivers show in windows, they do not show ANYWHERE in Cubase to allow me to switch over. I have asked Roland but now help yet. Thanks for responding.

This is not a driver problem. A VST instrument would have to be provided, and it isn’t. The Motif is a Yamaha product, so they do provide this.

The Jupiter X might be listed in Studio Setup>Audio System using a name that’s not obvious. Can you provide a screenshot of that menu?

Problem SOLVED as far as looking for the Jupiter X as an audio source. Contribute this to being either blind or stupid, but I found it today (where has it been all along?) in the Studio Setup under audio system asio driver selection dropdown box! It was actually listed there today. Selected it and was able to set up 5 stereo input busses to record simultaneous audio and a midi bus. Very sorry if I missed seeing this before (I KNOW i looked there…I swear!) Now if there was a way to have it show up as an external vst instrument life would be cool. VERY grateful for the replys.