How to Import / Export Macros

Hello,

Does anybody know how to export a macro from Nuendo in order to import it in another one. And how do I import this macro in the other Nuendo ?

Thx

I do it manualy, by editing Key Commands.xml. I would be very appreciated if anyone could tell a better way, but I’m afraid there’s no one else.

Thx McSound. I’m also afraid there’s no better way.

Yes!! There is a way!
You can use Edit-> Profile Manager and then export. Profiles include Key Commands and Macros, which are saved as .srf (Steinberg Resource File) which can then be transferred.

I’ve just tried. It works perfectly. You have to restart the application to activate the new profile.

Regards,
Subin

Yes, it works that way, but the thread is about macro exporting only, not the whole profile. Hopefully someday we’ll find the way.

Yes. I understand that the thread is about Macro exporting. I couldn’t find any other way to export the macros written in one computer, that could be transferred or could be saved for importing at a later point of time. If saving a profile could do that, I hope it’d help someone like me save some time, rather than editing xml files manually.