How to insert a graphics frame without constraints?

Hi Everyone,

I have noticed that when I insert a graphics frame into my first blank page with its own Master Page, that I can not drag it over the whole page.
Is there a way? Please let me know.

Thanks for any help.

You can do it if you really want to.

In Layout options, change all the page margins to zero. But you will then have to redesign the master pages so that the titles, music, etc, still leave a margin round the page. It will be less work to add your title page outside Dorico.

Before you do this at all, you might want to consider that printing right to the edge of the paper can be problematic, and the most reliable way to do it is to use an oversized graphic, print on oversized paper, and then trim it to size - all of which is beyond what Dorico can handle.

Thank you for the quick reply.

It is very disappointing, that Dorico can’t handle it.

I print my music professional by an printing house. They have no problem to print right to the edge of the paper. It is a normal thing to do.
So please consider to add this feature to Dorico 3.

It is very important for a professional workflow to do this right in Dorico.
Thank you for your help.

As Rob said, you can do it, but you’ll need to change the page margins and then redesign the master pages too.

If Dorico is going to allow this as part of a professional workflow, it needs to allow for the “bleed area” outside the finished page size which most professional printers require.

Of course printing shops need work to make money, and if the customer is happy with what they get supplying graphics without a bleed area, they aren’t going to lose any sleep over it. But that’s not how professional quality printing is done. How to set a print bleed in InDesign