How to install Dorico 4 3 times?

Dear Doricorians,

I have three licences of Dorico 3.5, and I successfully upgraded one of them on a computer.
However, I do not know how I can upgrade the other two licences on other computers.
When trying to upgrade the licence on the second computer after applying Download Access Code of Dorico 4, Steinberg Download Assistant externally launches eLicenser Control. The eLicenser Control shows the following message:

The activation code has been used already. An activation code can be used only once to download or upgrade a license.

Please contact your software vendor to get a valid activation code.

I understand the error message, and I realised that did wrong try to upgrade. There should be a correct way to install three instances of Dorico on different computers. Where could I find an instruction?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

All you need to do is run Steinberg Download Assistant on your second computer, download and install Dorico Pro 4, then run it: you will be prompted to sign in with your Steinberg ID, and that’s it.

4 Likes

Thank you for your quick, exact and kind answer!

On the subject of installations, when upgrading from 3.5 pro, are the instruments different between versions? When opening projects from version 3.5 to 4, will there need to be any adjustments made to the upgraded version, or will everything continue to work the same ?

As part of the update installation, you are recommended to install a content update that affects the Olympus Choir Micro choir sounds, though this is optional. Otherwise all the content is indeed the same between Dorico 3.5 and Dorico 4.0, so everything should sound the same.