How to install WL 7.2 64-bit only on Win 7 x64 from scratch?

Hi Guys,

I just reformatted my DAW from scratch and was about to install WL 7.2, but I’m making this a 100% x64 machine – no 32-bit versions needed or wanted. (Thanks for x64, by the way, PG!) So how do I go about installing JUST the x64 version of WL 7.2 from scratch? If I understand correctly, the download file is an “update” which I assume I need to have the prior WL 32-bit already installed? Can someone correct me on that, or let me know the correct steps to get a pure x64 version of WL 7.2 installed from scratch?

Thanks in advance!

I don’t think the download file is an “update”. The license is on your dongle, so I’d install directly from the download, if I were you. You do have to realize that 32-bit plugins won’t work in WL 64-bit, so you might want to consider installing WL7.2 32-bit on the side, for your older projects…

Luck, Arjan

Thanks, that’s what I’ll try. The file is labeled as an “update” so that’s why I was worried that it required a prior WaveLab version to be installed.

And as for 32-bit, I’m pretty much done with it (I hope). The last plugins I needed for the move to full x64 were just released recently, so I think I can make the full transition to pure x64 now. (Hopefully!)

Good point about old 32-bit projects, though, but in this case, for this new machine, I hope I can live without 32-bit. If needed, I can fire up 32-bit WaveLab on my crappy Pro Tools rig. :wink:

You can install both versions on the same machine.

Don’t worry about the term “update”, and just install…

Good to know.

Cheers!

VP

Thanks, will do! Glad to be rid of 32-bit… (hoping that statement doesn’t come back and bite me in the posterior…)