How to make a MIDI loop with smooth transition?

HI, I have 6 MIDI tracks ( no drums ) I want to loop with no noticeable change in sound level when loops.

It is the ambient track, particularly the pad should be “glued” to continue when the loop ends and the new part begins.

It is a 7 min piano song that I put in between cursors.
Then I export it into an audio track.
I put that MP4 audio track into the Power Director video program - as it is background music for videos.

When I put two parts of the audio files next to each other in the Power Director I can hear the pad stops a bit and you can hear it is not a smooth cross.

There is an option crossfade in Power Director but it scrambles the sound, it does not do the proper job.

So I suppose I have to make a loop in the Cubase 9.5?

Does somebody do this - it is a 7 min song for You Tube that should repeat for 3 hours.

The start and ending of a song are matching at the same level of velocity and notes are the same.
When I put my MIDI song into a loop there is a little bit of stop, just a tiny bit but I can still hear it, how to I make a smooth transition?

Thank you

Hi,

If the Pad is playing for the whole time (so you have very, very long MIDI Note), then the reason is, the new MIDI Note On message has been sent once you get to the beginning of the loop. Then you can hear the Attach of the sound, which is probably.a bit different, then the Sustain part. There is no way around.

Thank you Martin,

I am a beginner to Cubase, can you tell me how would you make a MIDI loop?
I hear on YouTube a song like that - there is no stopping in the loop.
Because everything stops, including a ton of reverb, at that millisecond at the end of the composition.
I have to export my file as wave file and then have it looped 50 times in the video program.

So end my composition on pad chord and in the beginning start the same chord and same velocity.
But when I export such file and put it in Cyber Director and put precisely 1 after another, I can clearly hear a click.
There is an option crossfade but it does the job like an amateur.

Do you have any idea how musicians make such file so they can copy it indefinitely in other programs?
I can not believe that it is impossible in Cubase as it is a professional program.
Is that what you are saying?

If you need to loop a finished audiofile 50 times, then you need a good sample tool, that creates perfect loop-points for you. You need to think smart here, as you will not solve this with a midi-part and i am pretty sure, that no other DAW can solve this with midi alone. Make your midi-part a sample and edit that, till you have nice loop-points. If you export/convert to audio, make sure it is long enough, to have the fx and tones fade out at end.

If you need to loop a finished audiofile 50 times, then you need a good sample tool, that creates perfect loop-points for you. You need to think smart here, as you will not solve this with a midi-part and i am pretty sure, that no other DAW can solve this with midi alone. Make your midi-part a sample and edit that, till you have nice loop-points. If you export/convert to audio, make sure it is long enough, to have the fx and tones fade out at end.

Hello u-man!

Sorry, I do not understand, I am new to Cubase (6 months ago).
What is a sample tool?
When I finish the midi part I export it in the audio file.
How do I make midi-part a sample?
All I can think of is to finish midi ( basically solo piano with a pad ) with 1 long chord and match velocities with the beginning chord of the song.
There I make the cut/end of the locator, there is no fade in/out. It should be 1 continuos song for 3 hours ( same velocity - no lowering the sound in the crossfade)

Then I put a song as audio file and copy it 50 times.
In the Power Director I put sort of crossfade between audio tracks but it is not doing a good job, as it is a video program not a music program.
I am really confused about how people make loops of songs.
Is there some sort of program to crossfade/blend two audio parts?

I searched internet but can not find an explanation.

Thank you,

Marijana

Hi,

Once you would do the loop on Audio, you would het the artefacts. Or you would need to find a perfect spots, which are exactly equal in the signal, to be able to make a loop there.

In MIDI, you have no other option but select all and Duplicate it many times…

Hi pupidarko,

A sample tool would be a program like Wavelab for example. A sample is just a audio-file, can be a whole song if you want or just a basedrum. Its just a name for a audio-file.

As you do not use any drums, it should be pretty easy to create such a loop with a Sample-editor-tool-program. Those tools have options to make perfect loop-points. They can adjust the start and end of a waveform, so that they are perfect when looped.
Maybe even Cubase can do that, but i never used it for creating perfect loops.

If it is no problem for you to copy 50 times a audio file in Power Director, why you do not do the same in Cubase?
Either export your midi-file as audio, import it back again and copy it over 50 times on two tracks, overlap the start and end of the files and create crossfades for them.
Or copy the midi-part on another track with the same settings and do the same.
I thought you really need it, to be a short file.

If you really need a short audio file, i recommend this video: Create Seamless Loop Tutorial - YouTube
He describes your problem, i just hope you understand it. He describe it well enough for me and that is how i would solve your problem. It covers everything, how to create perfect loops. Your special attention is needed at minute 5:00, there he describe how you create the perfect loop-points.

HI,

If you would go for Cubase, then I believe Sample Track would be the best tool to play with a perfect loop.