How to make Woodblocks staff look normal

Hi everyone, can I know how to get a normal 5-line staff woodblock? The distance is too broad, but if I change the gap from 2 to 1, the names will crowd together like this, and the barline will extend downward slightly.
Screenshot 2022-11-15 at 12.36.42 PM
Screenshot 2022-11-15 at 12.36.57 PM
I just need a normal staff Woodblocks. Please tell me what t do! Thanks!

You can show kits as a 5-line staff; this is a per-layout setting, so make sure you’ve selected the layouts where you want it to appear as a 5-line staff on the right before changing the option.

More info about percussion kit presentation types here.

And staff labels for percussion kits here.

Thanks Lillie_Harris! I made my instrument successfully! But the new thing is the barline of the percussion kit staff (woodblock) has been extended. What should I do to get rid of it?

Screenshot 2022-11-15 at 12.51.24 PM

Can you post the project so I can check what’s definitely happening in the project?

It could also be related to the fact that you’ve somehow-or-other lost your bracket across the percussion staves, and by default Dorico joins barlines across bracket groups.

Here it is! Thanks again!
Woodblocks.dorico (503.1 KB)

So you’d created a group for the grid presentation, rather than change the presentation type itself to 5-line staff. Do that, and the barlines don’t extend beyond the staff.

(PS Dorico 4.3 was released today – treat yourself and update!)

Oh wow! Magic!!! Thanks so much. And I just saw the update, will do it now!