How to manually adjust the width of a specific bar by typing size in mm?

Dear advanced users and developers,

Does Dorico provide a way to manually adjust the width of a specific bar by typing size in mm?
Enlarging bar width *using “Note Spacing” is extremely slow to do it.

*using “Note Spacing”:

1. select a handle on a barline
  2. pressing alt + arrow or shift+ alt+ arrow

Dear advanced users and developers,

Does Dorico provide an automatic way to adjust the bar width

• according to the lyric length on a single note or
  • according to the horizontal length of a system text attached to a specific bar?

Inputting more syllables on a single note does not enlarge the corresponding bar width.

No. you can’t specify the width of a bar directly in millimeters.

However, you should find that Dorico does indeed allocate space for a long lyric on a single note, provided there is another lyric on the following note; if there is not, though, Dorico has nothing for the lyric to push against, so it won’t add any further space than needed for the rhyhtm of the music itself. What I tend to do in this kind of situation (which in my own music comes up for things like reciting tones) is to use a note spacing change to enlarge the default space for a quarter note so that there is “naturally” enough space for the wide lyric, and then create another note spacing change following that spot to reset things back to the normal width.

Thank you for your quick and kind reply.

I had thought to merge the two issues, but I thought they are separate issues. Thanks for merging them. In your answer, I see now it is better to merge the two threads!