How to merge, bounce or resample two audio events

There is no quick merge option as in some other DAWs.

select audio clips you want to merge → Audio → Bounce Selection

great for merging chopped up audio into one!!

My question is a tiny bit more complex.

How do I easily merge two overlapping audio events that are on a separate tracks so that the new event includes or merges both waveforms? What I mean by easy, is select the two (or three or four) waveforms on separate tracks and bounce to let’s say a new track or on the top track.

Perhaps Steinberg will add the Wavelab Montage feature into Cubase 9. Could I be that lucky?

I cant agree mor. Its VERY dissapointing that a modern daw cannot record track on track ( or sound on sound, lke its callen in SONAR. Its a timekiller and so much klicking her eand there, disabeling so on and so on, to use this “punch in” !! thats old school really .

Cubase will get short and finally loose customers with NOt having this feature in time to come !

Did you read the thread? What’s being discussed here has nothing to do with Sonar’s sound on sound mode.

This thread was made almost 6 years ago. Today you can easily merge multiple tracks by using Render in Place.

AFAIK the most used DAW in professional recording studios (because every recording and mixing engineer is familiar with it) doesn’t have sound on sound mode either, and it seems to be doing just fine.

How many condescending nitwits does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Answer… I’m not sure but hopefully not as many as it takes to explain how to merge tracks using Cubase.

If you want to merge sound files, or even draw in blank slots to square off your sound files, highlight the ones you wish to combine and click on “Audio”, then click “Bounce Selection”.

Depending on which version of CuBase you’re using, it may not look like they combined but when you move one clip you will see they have joined together.

Cheers and sorry you have to have so many ignorant condescending distractions from something so simple I taught myself. Meanwhile the guys who actually trained and read the manual can’t even explain to you one of the easiest ways to merge sound files. Go figure, lol.