How to move sample to the beginning of the track

Hi guys,

Does anyone know how to move a sample to the beginning of the track? The sample is located quite far in the track and I need to move it to the front moving with a mouse is to slow is there any shortcut that will instantly transport the sample to desired location?

Hi,

Do you mean how to move the Audio Event to the Start? Select the Audio Event and type the desired location in the Info View to the Start field.

1 Like

I found it, but I was looking for a way to move it to a locator position with a shortcut instead of typing the location. Also it seem this doesn’t quite work for multiple events. @Martin.Jirsak

Hi,

What you can do is: Move Event Start To Cursor.

Why? What do you want to achieve exactly, please?

How to move event to start cursor?

It seemed as some events were either lost or not moved to the line, they kept relative position.

I found this. What modifiers? this info lacks detailed description.

Hi,

If you do multi-selection, then Cubase moves the relatively. Ctrl/Cmd modifier should place all the samples to the given position.

@Martin.Jirsak For me Ctrl disables Snap when dragging the Events, and it is the default binding.
Actually, the “Aligning Audio Events or Parts to the Cursor” is no longer part of Cubase 12 User Manual, but if Ctrl really works that way then that’s a good thing, although I’ve never noticed it myself.

@Voxango You need to check the Move Submenu. The option is under Edit > Move.

Hi,

I’m not talking about dragging events. I’m talking about typing the new position in the Info View and holding modifier while pressing Enter.

Oh that’s right ! My apologies. I thought you were answering the above post that contains the screenshot from user manual…

But still the user wants to snap an Event to the Cursor the fastest way possible, so first checking what position the Cursor is then typing in the same value in the info line isn’t really the solution :wink:

The fastest way is Edit > Move > Move Event Start To Cursor.

Hi,

As I wrote in my 2nd post. :wink: In the best case to assign a Key Command.

1 Like

Thanks guys! @Martin.Jirsak @Louis_R

1 Like

Maybe use the marker track. Keep Marker 1 at the beginning and I believe you can just press a key stroke to go there. You might could set up a macro to respond to your request after you cut the event and engage the macro. I use stream deck for my macros. Hope this helps

1 Like

You don’t even need a marker track for that. The decimal point key on the number pad will set the cursor to the beginning of the project.

1 Like