How to move the stop position (red line) to left/right in iPad

I am trying to move stop positions to barlines by clicking the top handle and dragging to the right/left. I tried everything, however, it seems it doesn’t want to move as in the desktop version.

I tried and indeed is a little difficult to drag it on the iPad.
I managed to move it, zooming a lot into the music and dragging it (to the next/previous barline, easier in Galley view).

It seems that the Stop Position has a very narrow “click zone” so maybe is easier to drag it using the Apple Pencil without needing to zoom so much.

[But dragging it sometimes creates a duplicate of it (1), which should not be the case, as in one flow you can have only one Stop bar FWIK. ] EDIT: Nevermind: in a new file no more duplicates…, maybe it was only a graphic glitch…

Much easier is (on the iPad) to delete it with the System Track little “-” icon (2) and recreate it where needed (EDIT: if you have a keyboard you can select an item in a rhythmic position and press shift+alt+I to create the Stop bar there, or pressing alt and choose a subdivision in the system track, clicking then the little “-” icon there)

1 Like

Thank you @Christian_R could you drag it to the middle of bar ( as in the example)?

No, it is possible only to drag it only from barline to barline. But this is the expected behaviour as in the manual (of Dorico Elements and Pro) described:

You can also move stop positions to barlines by clicking the top handle and dragging to the right/left.

@Chikitin if you have a keyboard, you can select an item in a rhythmic position and press Shift+alt+I to create the Stop bar there: it works nicely.

1 Like

Hello Chrisitan, I don’t have a keyboard connected to my iPad.
The one I have is the MS designer keyboard that is incompatible with iPadOS :frowning:

Also if you have a keyboard, you can hold down Alt and drag the stop line to mid-bar positions according to the rhythmic grid setting.

2 Likes