How to mute or adjust the volume one of the stereo channel?

For an stereo audio track, is there any method or third party plugin that can be used to mute of one of the left right track or adjust the volume of left/right channel?

1 Like

Pan?

Not really. If at all, it would be “balance”
or
Mix6to2
or
Mixer Delay

1 Like

Maybe you have never used a mixer.

Totally irrelevant, since the question seems to be about Cubase.

1 Like
  1. You could just make the stereo track dual mono. Project/Convert Tracks, select the mono option
    This would basically give you Dual Mono like Protools and allow you to adjust volume on each as well as panning.

2. If needed you could select those and right click, add group channel to selected tracks if you needed to move both volumes at the same time but not lose the overall balance you had individually.

Yes, it is what I am doing now. I just wonder is there any simple method to do the same thing.

Or I can paraphrase the question like this:
Is there any plugin that can be use to control the middle-side stereo signal ratio?

Yes, what I wrote above.

Yes.

Peter;
In Cubase you can have a stereo track and the pan is a pan. You also can have a 2 channel mono track and pan becomes a balance control its still pan though. A mono track with a single channel has a pan control.

If you want to adjust the left or right channel of a stereo track use pan.

There are plugins that can work with mid side processing on a stereo track. There are also width control plugins.

I really don’t know what you want.

Or I can paraphrase the question like this: Is there any plugin that can be use to control the middle-side stereo signal ratio?

Yes there is; it’s free and cross platform: Alex Hilton’s AI Stereo Control. http://www.alexhilton.net/A1AUDIO/index.php/a1stereocontrol

Also, svennilenni correctly answered your original post question with the suggestion of using Steinberg’s supplied Mix6To2. The only issue with this plug-in is that there are no associated mute buttons in the interface. But easily solved by clicking at the top or bottom of the fader tracks to simulate an instantaneous mute/unmute.

1 Like

@svennilenni,

As one who never even goes int he Surround folder here, great to know that Mix 6 to 2 is there. Learned something new today, thanks

scheps 73 EQ from waves can to it.

1 Like