How to quantize quintuplets in the midi editor ?

Hi,

I would like to write quintuplets but I can’t find this option in the midi quantification. There are only triplets.

Is there a possibility ?

Thank you for you help!

1 Like

You can’t do this out of the box, but you can create your own preset to do this.

1. Create a one bar MIDI Part with five notes in it that are where you want your quintuplets to be. This might be a bit tricky, but only needs to happen once. Cubase’s default is 480 ticks per 1/4 note so a bar will be 480*4=1920 which means you want notes that are 1920/5=384 ticks long - five on them end-to-end. This will give you 5/bar if you want 5/something-else then the math needs to change, but the idea is the same.

2. Open up the Quantize Panel and drag your 5 note MIDI Part onto the display in the middle of the Panel.

3. Save this as a new Quantize Preset using the + button in the Quantize Panel.

Thank you for your help.

I have found another method : I click in the little arrow at the right of the box where we chose the quantification. I select 1/4 in the quantification setting and select 5 in the N-olet box. It’s done!

1 Like

cool