How to re-write audio files with new fade-in and out?

Hi everyone,
I’ve encountered a real work-flow killer when trying to export segments of long track,
And would really appreciate any suggestions.

I’m working on a project that require me exporting each piece of music to a ~8 bars chunks.
I am muting all events next to these 8 bars, with a 1 bar pre-roll and post roll for clean in and out (resulting in a 10 bars long events), and batch export to stems.

Now I want to add fade out / fade ins to those resulting stems so there will be no ticks and drop out at the beggining and end of the exported audio because of sustained sounds and / or reverb.

BUT, I need to keep the names of these audio files. so if I bounce in place after making the fades, cubase creates new audio files with “-01” addition in the file name.
Then I’ll have to rename each file and re-import I guess, which will take ages.
The thing is that I also need to deliver the Cubase project with these chunks in place (with 1 bars overlaping A / B areas).
Do you know of any way I could add fades to an audio event and it’s source audio file while keeping it’s name?
Theoretically, if there would have been some kind of a setting in which automatic fade in and out would occur
while exporting where the locators are set, that would be even better. but I don’t think this is possible.

Many thanks!

Rotem

Method #1

Do your batch exports as described > quit Cubase > backup the whole folder (for safety) > open the files from the projects’ original audio folder in Wavelab (or audio editor of your choice) > apply fades (names are kept).
On opening the project in Cubase again you should see it perform creating new waveforms as the files are new but names & length were kept. Job done.

Method #2

Without the need of an external audio editor and way simpler actually, just create the fades before export.
Do do so, draw volume automation of your master channel. A tiny curve at the beginning/end of the export range. You just need to do it once, simply copy the automation curve with the range tool and duplicate it with snap on. Job done.

:wink:

Sounds like a plan! thanks marQs!