how to record Velocity Shift on multiple tracks ?

Hi,

i select 10 Instrument channels. i want to record automation for Velocity Shift for all at once ideally using TRIM automation.
i can only get to write first channel even if all are grouped.
is there a way to do it ?

when you create tracks for orchestra it’s nice to be able to shift velocity to multiple parts at once rather then updateing midi velocity info for each notes track by track.

Hi,

Wouldn’t it be better to increase the Velocity values of the MIDI Notes? You could use the MIDI > Functions > Velocity.

Hi,

mm no i mean that’s the straight forward way to go of course. But there’s countless advantages of working with velocity shift. For some works it’s better to record a midi ostinato where you have your accents and then duplicate it over your music while adding some intensity to it with velocity shift. This way you have a better control of overall crescendos without opening each midi regions to manage manually the velocities. also when you have those changes done to your velocity notes if later you want to cancel or reduce some crescendo you’r a bit stuck to select all and flattent it with more or less accurate tools. As a consequence your almost always loose the “accent” velocity you had in the ostinato in the first place. With the velocity shift you have a clear visibility on curves and can manage them more easily and your velocity accents that are at the “note level” stays the same. Final exemple (there’s more but…) say you use velocity shift to create overall intensity automation to your piano track, you can copy paste this automation to other parts and give say your spiccato strings same intensity curves… super fast and more efficient the going to the note :stuck_out_tongue:
consider velocity shift as the TRIM function or VCA in automation but working on the sound and level rather then just the volume only. super creative.