How to revert to older version of Cubase?

Is any update planned for this year?
I am experiencing so many difficulties with Cubase Pro 10.5.20 that I found myself checking for prices for Ableton. I have Logic and Pro tools *and Maschine), but I am using Cubase since 1996, and believe you me, I had less issues on simple Atari ST than with this.
Plugins not loading.
64 bit plugins not working, masking issues with internal devices that work though plugins (like Elektrons Overbridge - it works in every DAW except Cubase).
Cubase crashing when idle. Or anytime, really, random.
I thought maybe it was my computer - same behaviour on both Imac and Macbook Pro.
It feels like sloppy first attempt, not like industry standard. I am seriously considering migrating all together to other DAW. My clients mostly use PT and some of them use Nuendo, middleware that I work with is more compatible with Cubase than with anything else but constant crashing is not worth it.
Steinberg, you are going to loose customers.
I would also like to know how can I revert to version 8.5. I still have it installed, but my licence has been overwritten with the 10.5. one. Can someone please instruct how can I obtain back my 8.5 licence. Thanks.

Your 10.5 license works for any lower version number.

On Windows installing 10 or 10.5 do not disable previous versions of Cubase. I can still access 9.5 or 9 should I need them for one reason or another. I am not sure that it is any different on an Apple Mac.

1 Like

No it does not. Please see the screenshot.

That is not a License error, but a eLicenser application error. Something is wrong with the install.
Try downloading the newest version of eLicenser, install that and then run a maintenance.

Updated , it works ty!

My 2nd recording rig is Cubase Elements 6 on a Mac 10.6.8. It’s perfect for my purposes which is strictly as an offline sketch recorder. All later Cubase versions I, um, hate.
That rig is deliberately not online but recently I foolishly turned on the ancient Airport WiFi connection.
As soon as I fired up the eLicenser dongle, the message came that an update was required. It didn’t give a warning that updating would render some setups unusable.
I pushed the blue button brainlessly.
Is it possible to revert the dongle?
Please don’t reply unless you can concretely answer that question.
The moral is, almost all unwanted occurrences result from haste.
Don’t just tell me to update - this is too obvious. Thanks!