how to scale midi part to align with measures

I have a midi file which was recorded live but without regard for the tempo of the MIDI track, so for example a note that should be on the fourth beat of the first measure (4/4 time) is actually landing on beat 2.5, i.e. the music is too fast to line up with the beats as defined by the project. Can I select the entire track and apply a scaling factor that changes all note start times by 4/2.5 (or however the math would need to work out) so that the notes are then aligned with the measures? Once it’s close enough I can quantize to exactly line it up. I used to do this when I used Cakewalk and I’m sure it must be possible in Cubase but I haven’t been able to figure it out.

Thanks,
fb

Several ways to do this in Cubase:

The Object Selection tool has three modes, one is the resize mode. Using it you can resize a part using the mouse, and the midi events within resize proportionally.

The Logical Editor would permit you to apply a scaling factor to position and length. (there is a preset called “Double Tempo” in the L.E. Standard Set that is ready for you to enter your values)

So, for step by step instructions for any other newbies, here is what you do:

1. double click on the selection arrow icon in the toolbar. A sub-menu appears below with three selections.
  2. None of them are called “resize mode”. Pick “sizing applies time stretch”
  3. Select what you want to stretch/shrink and resize the selection box by picking in the lower right corner of it.

Thanks,
fb