How to Send program Changes

Hi There guys ,Can anyone tell me how to send midi program changes to my Motif ES synth?
Thanks…

Hey easy, you can use the “Programs” menu in the midi track’s inspector (the left panel in project window). It’s one of the small boxes with a list icon in it, just under the track’s I/O options.

Another way is to write program change in a midi part using the key editor. At the controller lanes (on the bottom of the editor) you can add a new lane and choose program change, or switch from velocity to program change on the default lane. You can write the program change message with the draw/pencil tool.

I believe motif has a midi device map that brings all default presets into Cubase, with a little setup you can use it just like a virtual instrument, with no audible latency, and with all names of presets. If you need we could set this up.

1 Like

Hi Esterman,thanks for the reply.Actually I dont know the steps to set it up inthe Key Editor OR on my Motif …
Would I be drawing something in the program changes window in the Key Editor??
Is there a tutorial that actually shows you step by step how to do this??
Thanks…

Any reply?

Not sure how the motif does program change but …

At the bottom of the MIDI editor there a place for CC lanes, Click the + and in the drop down select Program Change. Or, you might have to set up a custom CC or use it in conjunction with Bank Change

Hi Jm,Thanks for the reply.I guess what I’m really asking is exactly how do “write program change in a midi part using the key editor”?
Thanks.

that’s exactly what I just told you. Go to the bottom … it is probably set to velocity right now. Click the + sign. Select Program Change from the CC list. Now you can paint automation as channel numbers.

Hi JM,thanks for that.Great stuff.

" Go to the bottom … it is probably set to velocity right now. Click the + sign. Select Program Change from the CC list. Now you can paint automation as channel numbers"
OkayI tried this but it seems to randomly changes the voice…Is there away to get cubase to program change
into a specific voice in a specific bank??
Thanks.

[quote=“easywinner”]" Go to the bottom … it is probably set to velocity right now. Click the + sign. Select Program Change from the CC list. Now you can paint automation as channel numbers"

OkayI tried this but it seems to randomly changes the voice…Is there away to get cubase to program change
into a specific voice in a specific bank??
Thanks

So you’ll need to send a Bank message too. Similar process to the Program Change lane… create another lane for CC#0 (= Bank Change :wink: )

Hi Vic How are you? okay a bank message too…Alright let me try that