How to set new position of left/right locator inside current range?

When I set the locators to export a song and then want to check a part, it is very inconvenient that I don’t know how to set the locators inside the existing range.

I have to move to the beginning or the end of the song and click outside of the current range to remove it and then I can go back to the part I’m interested in and set my new locators.

What I have in mind:

• Short cut that removes the current selection, or
  • Short cut that allows me to set new left or right locator anywhere (even within existing range), or
  • Premium option: Different sets of locators to switch between. When default set of locators is used to mark the entire song, I can switch to the next set of locators and set a range on the first chorus and when I’m done there, switch back to default locators and have the whole song selected again

OK, “Set Left/Right Locator to Project Cursor Position” (CTRL+NUM1/CTRL+NUM2) works.

There is a function to clear any selection. It is in the Edit/Select menu.

It is a common technique to create a marker track for this and use cycle markers on it. Each cycle marker can mark a certain area of your project. There is an option that the locators get set to the edges of a cycle marker when you double click it.