How to set up a bluetooth speaker with my audio interface

Hello
I have a studio capture interface working well with cubase on Windows 10.
I would like to use my bluetooth speaker as another output reference in the control room.
The bluetooth speaker works well with the Windows sound mapper.
How can I add it to cubase?
I tried asio4all but it makes cubase crashes and also add latency…
Thanks for your help
Ludo

Hi and welcome to the forum,

ASIO4ALL is the only way, because you have to merge multiple drivers in to one driver for Cubase.

Thanks Martin… It seems I will have to find another way…
I hope cubase dev teams will work on the possibility to get multiple output interfaces.
Ludo

Aside from simply aggregating with ASIO4ALL, you might try these approaches:

Approach 1

Install a minimal VST Host of some type that supports WDM devices directly and host an instance of reaStream set to receive in this host.

You might like something truly ‘minimal’ and free to use like an instance of NanoHost hosting nothing but your reaStream plugin.

Personally I like using Bidule for hacks like this (and more). It’s free to grab and have a look. The free key gets updated every so often, and if you like the app enough to register it, it can also be run as a plugin in other hosts.

Which ever host you choose, you’ll set it up to connect to your BT Speakers.

You’d also host an instance of reaStream in Cubase, which in turn should be set up to use the proper ASIO drivers of your studio interface. With reaStream you can establish a loopback network connection from here to the instance running in the Mini Host. This ‘outgoing’ instance of reaStream could be hosted in an effect slot of the control room, through your main outputs, or even through a unique group or output bus that you set up specifically to route to the speakers.

Yes, if you wanted, you could run your BTspeakers on a different computer, and instead run a VST host over there and broadcast reaStream over your LAN.

Approach 2

Install ASIO Link Pro. This ASIO backend is worth having a look at for a number of reasons.

1. It allows you to route ASIO and WDM applications to/from each other at will. It’s very well coded, very stable, and adds very little if any latency (Basically an audio routing matrix with some jitter control and stuff where necessary).

2. It can stream to/from other instances of ASIO Link Pro over your LAN (loopback on same computer [localhost: 127.0.0.1], or to other machines over ethernet).

You’d still need ASIO4ALL, or possibly the Generic ASIO driver that ships with Cubase, to get a connection between your bluetooth speakers and the ASIO backend, but it might allow things to be done in a way that would not interfere with the stability/latency to your studio interface.

For the purpose of forging a stream between your ASIO stuff, and your WDM speakers, you could run it TWICE (two instances). With one instance set up to work with your studio interface, and the other set up to work with ASIO4ALL and your bluetooth speakers.

You should be able to get it working with both instances running on the same Machine, but it’s also an option to set up the BTspeakers through a second Windows Machine, and stream it there over your LAN instead.

You’d then establish a local network stream between the two instances of ASIO Link Pro.

Alternatively, you could try aggregating your studio device and the bluetooh speakers in ASIO4ALL, and use ONE instance of ASIO Link Pro that is set to use ASIO4ALL as its main driver. It’s possible this might work out to be stable and low latency enough for your needs.

1 Like

Thanks a lot!
I will try it.
Ludo