How to set up connection for iC Pro

I bought iC pro a couple years ago and never worked consistently for me… I want to set up my computer that I can have an network just for cubase to communicate with iC pro and not the internet. Currently i keep my system offline 95% of the time only enabling local area connection for updates etc…

Ad hoc wont work as I dont have a wireless card in my machine… I connect to the router via ethernet cable. Is there a way to set up a network for the app and cubase to talk to each other while keeping the network offline to the internet?

Hi,

you don’t need to be online in order to use iC Pro… any regular router will do. However many times assigning static IP numbers and port forwarding to your devices is the best way to have a functional setup.

Thanks!
RG

I understand so how would I do it with my current set up? thx

Hi,

unfortunately chances that I can help you on that via the forum are low but I will try my best from here… what is your router model and what platform are you on?

Thanks!
RG

Thank you! My router is a Linksys EA6500 and im on Windows 7 pro.

My current studio system is connected to the router via Ethernet cable. I keep a shortcut on my destop for the local area connection which I use to enable/disable at will and I keep it disabled 99% of the time. I only turn it on to do large updates or update Cubase for example.

But the router itself is always working for other devices in the studio laptops, phones, clients, tablets etc (all connecting to internet)

I hope this helps but here are important side notes. Today while trying to get this to work I downloaded the latest SKI remote and it keeps giving me the expiry error. I had a support case with this back in early 2014 and it was very weird issue that Guillermo actually figured out a workaround and I think I needed the older SKI remote, which I will need a download of again if you can please provide that. But before doing this I tried to connect today as I normally would before, leaving network on/enabled and then turning on the app. It sees my system but just wont connected, just an infinite progress circle.

Hope you can help me !

Thanks

Hi,

thanks for that information…

first I would assign static IP numbers to your DAW machine and your remote control device. In the case of Windows 7 there are many tutorials on youtube that will explain you the procedure. Just do a search, for example “Windows 7 assign static IP”. You can also check your routers user manual if it can do so by assigning static IPs via the MAC address of each device.

A common connection problem is that Cubase IC Pro is not able to resolve the DAW IP number as explained in this article:

https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/knowledgebase_new/show_details/kb_show/cubase-ic-pro-troubleshooting/kb_back/2025.html

Thanks!
RG