How to setting automation parameter list

hello! I am not familiar with English, so the sentences may be awkwardšŸ„¹

I want to edit the list of automations in Cubase. for example
QC 1, 2, 3, 4, 5ā€¦

The parameters in QC and the QC parameters in automation are different,
so I press Moreā€¦ button every time to find the parameter.
This is very inconvenient.

I would be grateful if someone can tell me how to solve it

Hi there and welcome to the forums!
Iā€™m afraid there is no way you can customize that list.
One work-around is to enable Write and click the control/parameter on the VST you want an automation lane from. This should create a lane right away without having to search for it in that list.

hello thank you very much for your answer

I turned on Write and clicked Parameters in the VST, but no lanes are created.

did i do something wrong?

Just to clarify, the idea is to record some automation data for the VST youā€™re using. A single data point is sufficient. This recorded automation can then be deleted as we only did this step to bring up the automation lane.

If you donā€™t see the automation lane(s) after you recorded automation, try using the command ā€œShow All Used Automationā€. You will find that command by right clicking any track in the track list.

1 Like

Hereā€™s what I understand: When a track is playing or recording, clicking on a parameter in vst creates a lane.

Actually doing this created the desired lane.

Did I understand correctly? sorry iā€™m not good at english :cry:

1 Like

@cheese Yup, you got it!

1 Like

You put the track in Write, but you also need to let the project play for just a second, and while itā€™s playing, use your mouse to tweak the knob youā€™re insterested in automating. If you have the option ā€œReveal parameter on writeā€ checked in the Automation Panelā€™s (F6 to open) ā€œSettingsā€ Tab, the automation lane will show immediately.

2 Likes

It is impossible to choose between the two solutions. But thank you very much for your solution too!

No problem cheese, any time!